Thread: Possible to Install Windows 7 on multiple partitions in same hard drive?

Possible to Install Windows 7 on multiple partitions in same hard drive?

I am using Dell desktop at my home, I am using windows 7 on it, but now I am thinking to make multiple partitions on my hard drive and to install windows 7 using the same license key. I want to know that is this legal to use the same license key of windows 7 for the multiple installations on the same hard drive. And currently I have one licensed OEM copy of Windows 7.

Re: Possible to Install Windows 7 on multiple partitions in same hard drive?

Hey you want to install windows 7 on multiple partitions on the same hard drive, and you have only one licensed OEM copy of Windows 7. If you want that you each partition on the same hard drive has windows 7 install with the shared window 7 license, then I will suggest that it is not possible to use the same license key for the multiple installation on the same hard drive.

No, this is not possible to install multiple windows 7 using the same license key. If you want to install the windows 7 on your multiple partition on the same hard drive then you can use Full retail version. I am telling this thing because it is not legal to use the same license key again and again. Now it’s depends to you what you want to do with your multiple partitions.

For that reason you have to buy the second Full retail version of Windows 7. No you can’t use the same license because one license for per installation and you want to install the multiple windows 7 using only one license key.