Thread: with dell and an Intel graphics driver, want to install Windows 7 sp1

with dell and an Intel graphics driver, want to install Windows 7 sp1

Hey hi all, I am using new Dell Inspiron 15R, running on the windows 7 operating system. now I want to update my windows 7 to new windows 7 SP1, because sp1 provides the new features and services for the windows 7, some of our improved reliability when connecting to HDMI audio devices. But while updating I am getting some problems, errors while updating windows. I think that this issue is related with my Intel graphics driver, I want to know that am I right? If yes then what to do further for it.

Re: with dell and an Intel graphics driver, want to install Windows 7 sp1

Hi, you are using the new Dell inspiron and you want to install your new windows 7 sp1 with Intel graphic driver and new Dell laptop. But you are getting problem while installing. While getting error, make sure that you are using the Intel graphic driver Igdkmd32.sys or Igdkmd64.sys, or else you have upgraded the driver. Let me tell you that your windows 7 sp1 will not appear in windows update if KB2454826 are not installed make sure that you are not updating your current windows.

According to your problem, you have an issue with your Intel graphics driver, so I will recommend you to first uninstall your current driver and then try to install your new driver from Intel downloads page. This driver will support your windows 7 sp1 to install properly. And also I will suggest you to do the driver updates from the Intel or from the computer manufacturer. Try to do as I directed and report me result again.

Hey, according to me, a window 7 SP1 is an important update for your current windows 7. This update includes security which has released previously, and also includes stability updates for your windows 7. This sp1 version also includes new features and services for the windows 7, some of are improved reliability when connecting to HDMI audio devices, printing using the XPS Viewer and also after restarting it restores the previous folders in windows Explorer. So it is an important update for your windows.

If you are using one of the following Intel integrated graphics drivers then windows update will not offer you to update KB2454826.
    Igdkmd32.sys (32-bit), versions 8.15.10.2104 through 8.15.10.2141
    Igdkmd64.sys (64-bit), versions 8.15.10.2104 through 8.15.10.2141
    If you are getting problem in this point then I am sure that your windows 7 sp1 is not getting installed due to driver’s problem. I will suggest you to use the updated driver version or right drivers for your system.

If you are getting some problem while updating your windows 7 to SP1 version with your Intel graphics driver, then it is sure that there will be some problem with your graphic driver. According to me try to change your graphic driver and also try to use the new updated version for windows 7 sp1.