0xc000014c F8 doesn't work PLEASE help
OK, this problem seems to be quite frequent and I will avoid the lengthy banter
1. I have a Sony Vaio laptop with windows vista
2. The screen's colors were incorrect from being dropped.
3. I plugged in a VGA monitor and got good colors
4. The laptop screen went black, but VGA stayed on. This made me mad so I restarted.
5. Upon restart I got this message:Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. file\boot\bcd status 0xc000014c0xc000014c
6. Tried to restart in safe mode but the F8 key just returns system beeps
7. My keyboard is fine, I have tried a few but do not have a ps2 port
8.My cd-rom drive is busted so using the boot disk is OUT for the moment.
9. The hard drive is active, this is indicated by the HDD indicator light that flashes.
Before I have to go and buy a new cd-rom drive, are there any ideas out there as to what can be done? I don't have a Vista boot disk but I do have an XP boot disk. I'm trying to avoid booting from a flash drive but if that is my last resort, please tell me. Thank you and have a megabyten day!
Re: 0xc000014c F8 doesn't work PLEASE help
You will have to Repair the BCD store by using the Startup Repair option. You can use the Startup Repair option in the Windows Recovery Environment to repair the BCD store. To do this, follow these steps:
|Tags: 0xc000014c, black screen, error code, sony vaio laptop, vga, windows vista|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar Threads for: "0xc000014c F8 doesn't work PLEASE help"|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|My Ps3 Doesn't work||z8games||Video Games||1||07-06-2011 04:19 AM|
|Windows Vista error - File: \boot\BCD Status: 0xc000014c||Nuryn||Operating Systems||3||28-03-2011 07:42 AM|
|Amcap (USBPCCamPlus) doesn't seem to work, does it work for you?||Delil||XP Hardware||3||26-06-2010 10:56 PM|
|IE7 doesn't work||Carl Lewis||Windows Software||3||03-06-2009 12:23 PM|
|Work with partitions in Windows Vista when Disk Management doesn?t work||FlashX||Tips & Tweaks||1||06-01-2009 12:01 PM|