Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

want to upgrade snow leopard 10.6.8 to lion GM

Operating Systems

Old 17-08-2011

want to upgrade snow leopard 10.6.8 to lion GM

Hi guys this is my first post to this article. I am currently using the mac os x snow leopard. The things is that I want to upgrade my mac os x snow leopard 10.6.8 to the mac os x lion. But the difficulty is that after loading the things is shows me the that .app missing files. Even running the installer system it auto-restart .After being restart, it start with original mac os x snow leopard. Please help me guys to sort out the things .Really being watch full to your answer or suggestions

Old 17-08-2011

Re: want to upgrade snow leopard 10.6.8 to lion GM

Before procedure I would suggest right click on the install file and select show packages contents. Then follows the steps:
1) Go to Disk Utility and click on the plus sign to create a new 10GB partition.
2) Mount your OSX Lion dmg
3) Mount BaseSystem.dmg. then go to the disk utility .select the partitions and restore it.
4) After the restore operation complete unmount the partions you have made.Delete the packages file.
5) .Open the Mac OS X Install ESD and copy the packages folder and Paste the packages folder in System file.
6) Open Mac OS X Install ECD and copy .disk_lable,boot.efi, files to the root of your new partition. This might be use full for you.
Old 17-08-2011

Thanks for the reply .It really help me a lot. It helped me solving the lasting problem since 10.6.8. Even after installing it my graphics card 480gtx start working this might really helps me out. My GTX480 wasn?t properly setup in my snow leopard 10.6.8 for a past week.You post saved my things .Thanks for it.
Old 17-08-2011

The above procedure which you shows might be useful in some one but it not useful in my operating system. I was attempting to do this but refuses to install on the existing 10.6.8 partition with a "Mac OS X cannot start from this disk. If you have another tutorial like this please reply back it would be useful for it .Any way thanks fro the suggestions and reply .Waiting for reply.
Old 17-08-2011

I would recommended that you should use a fresh installer if possible. If you don?t think to have a fresh installer I could suggest you is your motherboard is supportable.Try to find out in the official website of Samsung and sort out the things.May be thins will help you out to solve the things .Thank you.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,