Thread: Has anybody installed Mac OS X Lion DP4?

Has anybody installed Mac OS X Lion DP4?

The title says it all. so what do you all think have anyone tried installing Mac OSX Lion DP4? If anyone has tried with that then do let me know as soon as possible. Actually right now I am in Lion DP3 and it is really cool stable as well as superb in terms of performance. So that’s what I want to say here. Did anyone installed DP4 in the system, I just want to know how is the performance, can anyone tell me about the same. I will be very much interested in knowing about the same, do reply about the same. I am waiting for the necessary replies from you all.

re: Has anybody installed Mac OS X Lion DP4?

No I haven’t tried it yet but from what I have heard from some of my friends is that it is giving some error at the beginning. Actually I haven’t tried it personally but some of my friends are complaining about the same and hence I thought of bringing it to the notice to you all. so that’s the news that I have got for the DP4. I would advise you all to better stick with the DP3 version. At this moment of time, so that’s what I am advising you all for the same. so do watch it out guys for the same. hope that was clear for you all.

I have a small question in my mind about the same. Well what I want to know is that right now I am having the DP 3 installed in my system, so what I am asking is that will I have to update it or do a clan install on the DP4. What do you all think which one is the right option at this moment of time, do anyone have to say something on the same then do reply over here, accordingly. I am waiting for the necessary replies from you all, so start replying guys. I am waiting for the necessary replies guys.

Well even if we clean install it then also we are not able to install it perfectly In the system and hence that’s the problem here. so that’s what I want to say here. Updating it will surely update the half the partition of the system and not entirely and hence you are left to clean install the system. installing by that method has also not helped me at all, so that’s what I am saying here. I did a quick search in the internet hoping to get a solution for the same but I was disappointed by the results. Still seeking to get some help for the same let’s hope that I do succeed in getting one.

I have booted successfully and what you have to do is boot it with the help of the USB now while doing that ATI kexts from Base System with older ones that you get to see in the DP3 version. Now I am giving you some steps on the same make sure that you do follow all of them.
    1) Get the DMG and mount it, now enable the option of Showing all hidden files in Finder.
    2) In the mount base system go to the disk utility, partition your USB system and then Restore BaseSystem.dmg file back in the USB.
    3) Now do one thing copy the mach_kernel and place it or paste it in the root of the USB.
    4) Now you will be knowing something about the packages folder right? Copy the parent dmg fromthere and paste it in the USB drive, the Extra folder that you are working and also the dsdt.aml file.
    5) One more thing that you need to install is the FakeSMC, take the help of the Kext Wizard while performing the operation, so carry on with that.
    6) Now while booting make sure you do in Snow Leopard and also install the Chameleon, the Extra folder and dsdt.aml to your Lion partition.
    7) Having done that you will be able to boot in Lion. So do as what I have said here, hope that do works out for you.

Actually guys I am thinking of doing an update but has anyone tried with the update over here yet? I cannot see any such kind of posts over here and hence I am asking you all about the same. so do let me know if that is possible or not. I want your reply on the same so that I can get the necessary upgrade done, well I am not planning for the clean installation at all. So that’s what I think here. do let me know if anyone here has actually tried with the upgrading then do let me know about the same.

Re: Has anybody installed Mac OS X Lion DP4?

Guys I have come here to inform you all that do try with the steps that are given here and I am sure that it will work out with you. trying and installing it with the usb does helps a lot and it gets installed quickly, so that’s what I am saying here. the steps really helped me a lot and now I am successfully able to boot it with the DP5, so that’s what I am saying here.