Thread: Installing window XP in dell mini 9 laptop without CD-ROM

Installing window XP in dell mini 9 laptop without CD-ROM

I am using dell mini 9 laptop since from 6 months. It is really a nice laptop but last yesterday I faced typical problem. when I go for installing XP in my laptop through CD ROM my CD ROM got damaged now I have no idea how I will install XP in my laptop. However, my friend told me that I can install XP through SSD, so for this, I searched on internet but I did not get any solution. So friend I am asking to you how I will install XP through hard disk or SSD.

re: Installing window XP in dell mini 9 laptop without CD-ROM

When I try to install window XP through hard disk in my laptop I really get frustrated. Because installing you need to make first your hard disk compatible for booting purpose then you can install window XP in your laptop. Making compatible hard disk for a booting it is a very long process and sensitive. then installing window XP from hard disk to laptop is more frustrating then making compatible bootable hard disk for booting

You said that you do not have CD ROM in your laptop. Therefore, you can buy compatible CD ROM; this compatible CD ROM can be attaching to any laptop. In addition, this compatible CD ROM is just plug and play it does not require any driver to install. If you go for trying to install window XP through hard disk then it will take much time compare to installing XP through CD ROM. Through compatible CD ROM, you can install XP in your laptop in quick time.

I am using desktop. When I am going for installing window XP in my computer through CD ROM that time my CD ROM were damage and last remain, I have only one option to install XP through hard disk or SSD. Procedures for both installing XP are same. Nevertheless, I do not know how to install XP through hard disk so I take help of internet and I come to know that how to install XP through hard disk. So you can also refer internet there you will some steps to install XP through SSD.

If you will try to install window XP through hard disk then you need follow a long procedure. I suggest you just buy an external DVD RW for your laptop. This external DVD RW will come for you installing XP easily or you want to play and disk that can possible. Installing window XP through CD ROM is everybody knows who computer’s user are. if you compare through which you can quickly install window XP then you will find that through CD ROM it’s install XP quickly.

If you want to install XP through hard disk or SSD then you have to first download the whole copy of window XP in to hard disk then try to run winnt32.exe, you can find this file in installation dir's I386 folder from the accessible window partition. After that, it will allow you to select which drive you want to install XP. If you are not able to see this option then try to boot through the DOS using a boot floppy, navigate this floppy drive to hard drive where it will contain temp XP CD directory and in the I386 folder run winnt.exe. Then it will start installing XP.