Thread: OS X Lion GM Facetime error, The Server encountered an error processing registration.

OS X Lion GM Facetime error, The Server encountered an error processing registration.

I have the iMac. I have installed the latest OS X Lion GM in it. I don’t know but it causing me error with the application facetime. When I tried to run the facetime application of apple it’s runs perfcetly. I have installed it also succesfully. but when I try to run the application with login it is giving error to me. The error is “The server encountered an error processing registration. Please try again later.” The application is fine it’s causing error when trying to login to the account itself. So can anyone have the solution to resolve the problem?

re: OS X Lion GM Facetime error, The Server encountered an error processing registration.

Yes the facetime application causing the error in os x lion GM. When I have installed facetime in the lion. And run the login screen comes up when I entered the account I am getting the same error as you while trying to enter. So you can do this solution which I have tried. Just try to roll back to the old os that is snow leopard. If you try to run the facetime in it. it will work perfectly and doesn’t gives any problem while trying to login with account in it.

re: OS X Lion GM Facetime error, The Server encountered an error processing registration.

This error is caused by the OS C Lion GM only. Actually don’t know why it’s happening correctly since its working in snow leopard perfectly. I have searched the internet for resolving the problem so I got this. Actually the problem with the application is itself the problem is caused due to certification issue. You have to check that this is actually caused by the certification issue or other. Check the logs . if there is such a lines mentioned below

imagent: [Warning] Failed response from cert init: -44006, deleting context
    imagent: [Warning] Cleaning up validation info

Then it is the certification problem only.

Yes the facetime runs perfectly with the snow leopard perfectly well but not working with the latest one I don’t know what is the problem actually. Since I have also updated the os to latest one OS X Lion GM and now when I am tried to run it I can’t able to login to the account. So facetime in the lion gm is the version 1.1. Check the version since this version actually causing problem. So try to roll back to the old one which is version 1.0.2. Which will be working perfectly so try it? But if there is any way to rollback.

I have also faced same problem of login with the facetime itself. And yes the problem is only happening with the os lion GM itself. The error is actually caused due to error in the certification. So try this will solve the problem.
    • Go to the spotlight
    • Now type keychain access
    • Search for the certificate Apple Device CA.
    • This certificate actually giving the problem. So delete the certificate.
    • Now try to launch the facetime and login.
    You can run the facetime without any problem.

I have installed the OS X Lion GM. And causing the same problem while trying to access the facetime that is when I have tried to login to the facetime. The problem is due to the certification itself. So try to do this first as he said try to remove the certification Apple Device CA .after that take a backup of it. Now go to the facetime preferences and delete all in it. Now try to run the facetime and login to the account itself. It will never give any error and you can login to the application.

Re: OS X Lion GM Facetime error, The Server encountered an error processing registration.

I have tried this solution maybe it will help you also. all the certs are in the keychain access in that in login and there is category My certificates in it. Delete Apple iPhone Device CA before doing this take a backup for preventive measures. Close the KA and now try to start facetime if you are facing same problem again then again go to the KA import all the certs back. You can do this by right click on the cert click on the get info, open the trust section and select always trust from use system default. Now right click and import the certs now select the new identities preference. In the email address box paste the perfcet url of apple cert registration now click on add. Close KA. Turn of the system and turn it on again now start the Facetime it will work perfectly. Newer certificates are need to be provided by apple to solve this issues.