Thread: Installing lion dp2 on a PC having Core 2 duo processor.

Installing lion dp2 on a PC having Core 2 duo processor.

Guys I am having a PC which is running currently on the processor which is Core 2 duo from Intel and the problem is that I am not sure about the process of installation I am scared as any anticipated move in installation process can make my system go crash and my system may not work properly so guys I need some help in the process of installation. Kindly do let me know about the Process Thanks in advance

Re: Installing lion dp2 on a PC having Core 2 duo processor.

It is not possible to install nowadays the developer previews of the Mac Os X 10.7 Lion on the older version of Mac but if you perform a simple trick you will be through and your system will boot lion. Visibly there is a single file which will prevent working Lion\ on these 32 bit system. Which can be removed quite easily? /System/Library/CoreServices/PlatformSupport.plist.
    The thing which can be done is to install Mac Os XLion on a Core 2 Duo machine and move the installation to a Core Duo or Core Solo engine, then remove the above listed file. This is working on the first developer preview.

Well here is a help for you which might help you in the process just go through it.
    If you have the lion install pendrive ready boot through it, When the loading is complete, You can the "terminal" by going to "tools" menu,
    give the command "cd /Volumes"
    followed by "ls"
    Locate the .plist file and you are done.

I have already have gone through the steps as told by you but I am sorry to say that it didn’t work for me the installers are having their own set of performing checks I tried every possible way around to try and install it straight to my CD MacBook but unfortunately I have ended up having to use my ork's C2D iMac.

Well you don’t need to feel sorry for that As it’s the generic case around installing Lion needs a bit trying and knowledge about the process. In your case you are installing Lion on a real Mac, then chameleon might not work to go around the checks ,there' are different ways around , you can download this patched OS Install.