Thread: Vista: Interactive Services cannot display a message - now windows won't load!

sad Vista: Interactive Services cannot display a message - now windows won't load!

Hi all, first off I'm no expert so please be gentle with me!

I've been getting one of those "Interactive Services cannot display a message" boxes on my laptop, running Vista, for a while, maybe a few months, with options "show me the message" and "remind me in a few minutes". I normally just close the message box without selecting either option, but I had some time last night so thought I would let it show me the message and hopefully it would stop popping up. So I clicked to show me the message, and the laptop crashed. I ended up in dos with it wanting to run some sort of (recommended) error check, which was in 3 steps.

It went through the steps, showed quite a lot of dos script (took about 10-15 minutes) I have no idea what it was doing but it said something about deleting orphan files.

It finished whatever it was doing and went on to load windows, but just stops at a black screen. I tried shutting the laptop down and I get the message that Windows did not shut down correctly. I've tried starting in both normal and safe mode, and both times I just end up back at the black screen, the only way out being to shut the laptop off.

So now my laptop has been rendered useless! Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Re: Vista: Interactive Services cannot display a message - now windows won't load!

There are always several threads discussed about this issue. As far as i know that these interactive services are console services which are intended to operate without any interaction of GUI. I heard this this kind of popups comes due to the antivirus software installed on your Windows Vista system. I think that you need to update your antivirus software first. Whatever it may be i still looking for ideal answer for this. Meanwhile refer following threads which are discussed about similar issue:
    Interactive services dialog detection won't disappear
    http://forums.techarena.in/vista-help/861798.htm