Thread: Cannot turn on the Aero in windows 7 with ATI radeon xpress 200 series

Cannot turn on the Aero in windows 7 with ATI radeon xpress 200 series

Hi friends in my computer I have ATI radeon xpress 200 series chipset and I have AMD athlon 64 processor and 1GB RAM. I was using windows Vista in my computer and I have recently upgraded my operating system with windows 7. Now after upgrading my operating system I have noticed that I am not able to turn on the Aero in my windows 7. Is this driver’s related issue or something else causing this problem?

Re: Cannot turn on the Aero in windows 7 with ATI radeon xpress 200 series

Well according to me if you are using the Windows 7 64bit version in your computer then this might be the main problem. if you are using the windows 7 64 bit then first you have to switch your operating system from 64 bit to 32 bit and after that check whether you are able to turn on the Aero or not? I am suggesting you this solution because you have mentioned in your post that in your computer you have 1 GB RAM only which is not enough.

Yes I think the problem is occurring because the windows 64 bit version. In my computer there was similar problem occurred and I was also facing the issues while turning on the Aero in my windows. Now after that I have installed windows 7 32 bit in my computer and after installing the 32 bit version all the things worked fine with my computer. I think you can also try this solution and after that check whether you are getting the same problem or not?

I have read your above solutions and after watching that I have installed windows 32 bit in my computer and after installing the 32 bit version in my computer when I tried to turn on the Aero in my computer at that time I didn’t get any issue but now I am facing issue with my graphics. Sometimes taskbar and desktop icon does not look properly. Is there any setting is wrong or a driver is causing this problem?

Try this solution to solve this. First you have to type adjust perf in your start menu search box and after that you have to hit enter. Now after doing that you will see one box having so much option. In that box you have to check on the smooth edges of the screen font’s option and after that click on the ok. Now after doing that you have to check whether your problem get solved or not? I think after performing this trick your problem will gets solved.

As far as I know If you are facing this problem not only with your screen fonts but also with your desktop icons and your taskbar then first of all you have to try to solve this issue by changing the resolution and if that idea doesn’t help you then you should try to solve this issue by reinstalling the graphic drivers in your computer. You can also try to install the updated graphic drivers after downloading internet for better performance.

Well after reading your post I have tried to solve this issue by changing the screen resolution and after applying different resolution also I was facing the same problem. Now after that I have uninstalled my graphic drivers and then installed it again. Now after reinstalling the graphic driver I am not facing any issue with taskbar and desktop icons. Thank you so much for helping me.