Thread: Every process is without username

Every process is without username

My computer is having the Windows XP Professional installed on it. I have newly upgraded my computer to service pack 3 and I can see something surprising with it. When I change on my computer then Windows XP loads correctly and the desktop screen comes into view. Subsequent to completing of startup method I tried to make use of somewhat as of taskbar but it didn’t reacted at all. I opened Task Manager with Alt + Ctrl + Del key. What I got is that every processes were running devoid of the username. Subsequent to waiting some time the system returns to standard condition and every function started working. The processes as well confirm username. I couldn’t obtain the cause for this matter. Can you tell me that why this is happening to me?

Re: Every process is without username

It's kind of weird question I'm hearing now. I think there must be some kind of problem with the startup procedure. May be the delay in the onset or delay in some processes. Have you tried to load XP in safe mode? I think there is any problem in the operating system installation. Otherwise the update is not fully achieved. Run the updates again. After starting the taskbar is idle for a few seconds to minutes, when the system is connected to the LAN or Internet connection always.

I think you have just updated the Windows operating system only and you have not updated the antivirus. You must update your antivirus regularly to keep the system safe. I am saying this because it is possible that your PC is infected with any malicious program that takes the startup procedure. If that is the case then the system becomes inactive. The virus is continuing to work on the process until the process will stop the working. At this time the system processes also delay its onset. You will have to keep updating the antivirus to improve boot speed.

I believe that you have not gone throughout all the processes yet. Start Task Manager and see if there is a process of ignorance or unwanted is running or not. If you notice any of such processes that are not belonging to Windows then you will have to kill that process. It is possible that the amount of memory used by applications is less than it is expected. If the memory much larger than the normal value, then they must also worry about their processes. Do not allow Internet access at startup.

As I have gone through your problem I found that not only is their problem. Many Windows users are facing similar problems or commencement or after the launch. At this point you have to do is run a full scan of your antivirus program updated. Delete some unwanted startup applications that is not very useful. Also make sure to install any other security software application then do not choose "Load at startup" or "Run at startup" option. This slows down the boot. Defragment, clean registry, cookies, temp files, cache, etc from your PC.

I think that this is normal that it takes some time to show the processes with the username. It can be because your computer is of low configuration. But if that is not showing any problem with your computer then there is no worry about it and you need not to do anything about that. Just let the system do whatever it do in the background because bit manages the things according to the system demands.

Task Manager User Name column is empty?

When you open Task Manager, the User Name field might be blank, as shows in the Fig. This happens if the Terminal Service is not started. The default startup type for this service need to be set to Automatic and it must be started. Follow this procedure:

Click Start, Run and type Services.msc
    Locate Terminal Services and double-click it
    Set the Startup type to Automatic, and click Apply
    Click the Start button to launch the service manually.
    Now Task Manager User Name field will show up.