Thread: How to disable backup utility in windows 7 64bit system?

How to disable backup utility in windows 7 64bit system?

Hi friends, I am using windows 7(64bit) on my computer. I want to disable the backup utility of my computer. Recently it had started to backup the files which are there in the external drive. I am unable to turn off or to disable the back utility of windows 7, I need help to know how to disable the backup utility. My system is of 64bit, and for stop the coping files back from the external drive.

re: How to disable backup utility in windows 7 64bit system?

Using the control panel, you can disable the backup utility of your computer. The step are very simple:
    • Click on the start button and select to control panel to open.
    • On the control panel, select to the backup your computer.
    • Click on the schedule view to disable the backup utility, turn of the backup utility.

It will help you to turn off the backup utility.

Windows 7 has the capability for backup the user data files and system data files. This is default setting in windows 7(64bit), but if you need to change that then you can disable it. If you don’t want that your system makes the backup of the data files then go with the steps given below, to change this default setting you need to change the local group policy editor to change the setting:
    • Click on the start button and type gpedit.msc to run menu and press enter. Local group policy will be loaded.
    • On the left side of the screen, press as Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components >Backup >Client.

The role of backup in the system is very important, without the backup utility the system data files will be on great risk. If there is any sudden data loss then backup utility will help you to get again your data files without any loss. The step to disable the backup utility in windows 7 is as:
    • Click on the start button on the desktop, and type gpedit.mcs on the run text box and press enter to start load the local group policy editor.
    • Click on the computer configuration, and then expand the Administrative Templates and then expand the Windows Component.
    • And then expand the backup utility and select client. There will be option to enable the ability to restore the data files.
    • And then press apply button to apply your setting.

Backup is an tool which provide you to make copies of your data files on the desire location. This backup setting is default in windows 7, but if you want then you can change the setting. Steps are as follows:
    • Click on the start menu and then go to the control panel, and then press the restore and backup link.
    • Then click on the turn off the schedule to turn off the backup utility.
    • It will disable the default setting of your system.