Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 30-07-2011

smile need help replacing recovery partition drive files!!!

hello i need help. my ultimate goal is to downgrade from Vista Ultimate to XP pro using the recovery partition drive. But I'm not sure on how and where to add the files to.
Old 31-07-2011

Re: need help replacing recovery partition drive files!!!

For that there is some information I need. First what is the operating system your computer has. Second which operating system is in your recovery partition. For installing Windows xp you can use Windows XP bootable disc. But before that do not forget to get drivers which are compatible with Windows XP or else some of your hardware will not work. Second if you want to add Windows XP in the recovery partition then you have to use a tool like Acronis. You have to format that drive and after that only you can create it. It is an tricky process. Remember the recovery partition has your genuine operating system. It is the license copy for which you pay at the time of purchase. If you format that you will loose the license copy forever.
Old 01-08-2011

Post Re: need help replacing recovery partition drive files!!!

It started off as vista home and i upgraded to vista ultimate thinking it would be stable. but its too bad it wasn't. anyways I'm trying to replace the files on my recovery partition drive with XP PRO files. My friend said his friend did the same thing to his computer by formating his recovery drive and replacing the files somewhere on the computer and when he started it up he was able to install XP PRO

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,