Thread: Confusion with Mac Apple care warranty?

Confusion with Mac Apple care warranty?

Can anyone tell me is apple i Mac better without apple care . I bought apple i Mac but not the apple care, do you think I need to get it. I think Apple being a very well known & reputed firm so I think I don’t have to think of anything for at least two to three years right! Or should I? Not that I am a rough cynical user but, I am seriously confused guys what should I do... Help needed urgently.

Re: Confusion with Mac Apple care warranty?

You’re right in saying that Macintosh being a reputed firm & Mac computers are a very good example of mixture of sheer craftsmanship & technology, but then bad luck never comes while knocking at your door, what if something happens then. That’s why there is a saying precaution is better than cure, and when you have the tech guys behind you, it feels like you’re safe!

Extended warranty is not necessary but I make an exception for Apple Care. My experience with Apple service in general, is that the staff working at Apple are very helpful courteous & they understand their customer, and it’s the customer service that makes apple care worth having. I do buy my Apple Care through Amazon though, as I can usually get a respectable discount. In the event you choose to buy it & select to do it online, do an online search first as this issue has been discussed plenty of times.

I had purchased a Mac book Air model. I bought the apple care insurance for it. Apple computers are usually costly hence the little addition in buying apple care didn’t bother me much. I didn’t have an issue with it till now. But I still have another year for the insurance to expire. The tech support guys are really good. They will make you feel that you made the right decision.

The apple care for an iMac is somewhere around $165. I think it’s pretty cheap as compared to other companies. Figure $165 a year, about $13 a month. In case if you are bored of your iMac and you plan to sell it later or you want to upgrade it, you will have to pay just $99 as your iMac is protected by Apple Care, they will help you even if there is a month left in your insurance expiration date.

I am not concerned about the cost or service or upgrade. I am just concerned about my hassle free life. If the system works for at least 2 year I am happy with it. I am just trying to get an opinion from people on whether it’s worth it. I am saying that I want to use the Mac as long as I can and throw it and switch over to a new one. The reason for this discussion Is that is the time to dump the Mac in the coming years.