Thread: Is there any software to convert AVI files to MPEG4 files in Mac

Is there any software to convert AVI files to MPEG4 files in Mac

I have a computer at my home with a old configuration and old Mac operating system X 10.4.11.now I can import the video clips into iMovie, but there is a transparent banner across the screen. I want to have a program that is without a banner. I don’t have the issue of editing except I want just to get my files from AVI to MPEG4. I am looking for free software. Someone told me to have Handbrake.fr software but it is not supporting my operating system. Please recommend me a good program that will allow me to convert my AVI files into MPEG4 files.

Re: Is there any software to convert AVI files to MPEG4 files in Mac

Well you could try going for iSquint. iSquint is an iPod video conversion application for Mac operating system X. It is many times fast and works with almost all popular video formats. Let me tell the most important thing that it is free and is really easy. You just need to drag in your file which you want to convert and click Start. You can also choose "TV" or "iPod" size, you can also set your quality or even go all-out by playing in the Advanced drawer. Certain types of files converted to plain MPEG-4 no longer show up without video in QuickTime Player 7.4 and higher.

I use a simple video converter to convert the files. It converts all types of format in all formats. I would personally recommend you to go for the video converter. It is free software and is easily available on the internet. You just need to Google a bit and search. You can download the intel version or a PPC version for Mac. You can easily convert AVI files into MPEG-4 files. You can convert any file in three steps. Click > drag > click. It provides a Dynamic Preview which means that you can view the results before beginning a long encode.

Video Monkey is a good program as far as I know but I am not sure whether it is compatible with your operating system. Try going for imTOO video converter. You can download it from the site and install it in your computer. Even in the forum someone had recommended this for video converter only. You can Convert High-definition (HD) videos (incl. AVCHD (*.m2ts, *.mts), H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, MPEG-2 HD, MPEG-4 TS HD, MPEG-2 TS HD, Quick Time HD, WMV HD, AVI HD) on Mac. Add on feature is that you can also extract audio from videos; convert popular audio files; turn pictures into videos & vice versa.

Well you could eye on squared 5 MPEG Streamclip. You can use MPEG Streamclip to open and play most movie formats including MPEG files and edit them with Cut, Copy, Paste, and Trim or export them to QuickTime, AVI, DV and MPEG-4 files with more quality. So you can easily import them in a DVD authoring tool, and use them with many other applications or devices. Well if you want to have this then you can get downloaded from the internet.

Why don’t you check out for the iSquint. Has a very good feature of Fast MPEG-4 and H.264 conversion from almost every popular video format, iSquint is an iPod video conversion app for Mac OS X. all forms of MPEG video and other formats QuickTime chokes on are supported. I would recommend you to go for iSquint video converter. Tell me more about your system configuration so that I can suggest you something else.

iSquint is a very nice video converter available for Mac in my view. The range of formats supported is really incredible. All Popular formats like DivX or Xvid encoded AVI files, Flash Video, Windows Media Video and all forms of MPEG video are supported. iSquint converts any video it processes to MPEG 4 format. So I would recommend you this one. Download it from Google. You can search isquint in the google search box and you will see many pages related. All the best.