Thread: Need a restore routine in Ubuntu

Need a restore routine in Ubuntu

In Windows, that was a Restore Point. Is there something like this in Ubuntu? I hope there will be any types of automatic restore points that are created in Ubuntu 8.04 and hence please suggest me this restore routine to do this task. The reason for doing this task is because the Ubuntu goes down and I need to restore the setting of this Ubuntu system. Thanks in advance for any type of help related to this problem.

Re: Need a restore routine in Ubuntu

For this task you want to immediately Boot laptop up with Ubuntu CD and then you need to open it through all the process until you arrive at Disk Partition. Then choose Manual Partition and perform the mount proper Linux partitions. Don’t format it and then close the manual partition window. It will give you errors saying that "the system couldn't install ....." then you need to ignore this error message. Then you need to Jump to "Install Grub ...." option and when it is finished, just restart your system. It works and the system has been restored successfully.

The reset_prog_mode and reset_shell_mode routines restore the terminal to program or shell state. The reset_prog_mode subroutine restores the terminal to program or in curses mode while the reset_shell_mode subroutine restores the terminal into shell, or "out of curses," mode. Then use this subroutine and you can find its correct way that help to solve this type of restore problem on your system.

When writing to a backup data file, the Tape Coordinator writes data at 16 KB offsets. A couple of recovery routines I've seen have had an option to use an existing partition for Windows that's smaller than the full disk. I was wondering if the routine of find /boot/grub/stage1 and the setup (hd0) command if we execute on the terminal then it will be help to solve the restoring problem. Try this and solve problem.

The easiest technique is to discover 10.10 and install that. I don't believe you'll locate it on the Ubuntu site, as they be inclined to take away old versions, though the long term support version remains. There is also such kind of several applications present on the market that will be help to do this restoring task on the complicated Ubuntu system. You need to download and run this application and then perform the restore routine task with the help of this application.

The data is recoverable because the information is not immediately removed from the disk. It provides for a more graceful, and potentially automated, recovery if the Tape Coordinator cannot rite a complete dump into the backup data file. This might take a Restore GRUB quite simple in Ubuntu. Then you need to use this and it really help to solve such type of complicated proble onto your Ubuntu system.