Thread: Windows Vista and Windows 7 BIOS in Amilo A1667G

Windows Vista and Windows 7 BIOS in Amilo A1667G

I have Amilo A1667G high performance all-round notebook with two operating systems that is Windows Vista and Windows 7. The processor is throttled to 800MHz that is up to Mobility Amd 64 3400 +, 2,2Ghz. I have heard that there will be new BIOS version for it. Is it true? Will there be a new driver or new BIOS? Will it be worth my system? Please give valid replies for the same.

Re: Windows Vista and Windows 7 BIOS in Amilo A1667G

There is a Latest bios for motherboard P50CA (A1667G and A3667G Amilo) and it is the solution to the installation of Vista SP1. Version 1.07 is available from the manufacturer itself, contact your manufacturer for further assistance related to it. This version will provide you better performance than the prior version including improvement in the performance. But the only set back is that this version doesn’t solve the problem of frequency (Athlon and Turion). So I quit using it.

I expected a fujitsu move about updating the BIOS for notebook mentioned, to run the new operating system with Service Pack 1 / 2, but they seem too busy to think about these older laptops. Tried to install Vista SP1, did not work. Due to the incompatibility of the BIOS (VER. 1.07 per P50CA bad laptop) processor frequency will not break the mark of 800MHz. In my opinion the BIOS version 1.07 must work with Windows Vista SP1 as well.

The below points are for those who are interested:
    • To no longer be constrained CPU frequency on windows Vista and Seven with the Athlon 64 or Turion
    • In: x:\windows\system32\Driver\ (x is the letter of the hard drive where is located your operating system)
    • Delete the file amdK8.sys with administrator rights
    • Retrieve the same file amdK8.sys recovered on windows xp
    • put it in x:\windows\system32\Driver\
    • restart
    • If the trick worked you will have (triangular) in Device Manager on the processor
    • now download RightMark CPU Clock Utility and use it to adjust frequency and voltage to your CPU needs.
    • This trick works perfectly on my Amilo A1667G with the Athlon 64 3400+ and Windows Seven.
    • Unless required frequency of the CPU in Windows Vista and Seven with Athlon or Turion 64
    • In: x: \ windows \ system32 \ Drivers \ (x is the letter of the hard drive where your operating system)
    • Delete the file amdK8.sys administrator rights
    • Retrieving the same file amdK8.sys recovered in Windows XP
    • put that in x: \ windows \ system32 \ Driver \
    • Restart
    • If the trick worked than you will get triangular in the Device Manager in the processor
    • After the above, download RightMark CPU Clock Utility and use that utility to adjust the frequency and voltage as per your CPU needs.
    • I am sure this trick will surely work perfectly on your Amilo A1667G with the Athlon 64 3400 + and Windows Seven.

I will update my brother’s laptop for sure in the coming days. This is an upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 7 Pro as my brother has an Amilo 1667G. The CPU is a Turion - ML-32 as far as I recognize. Not able to check at that time. I have great confidence that the upgrade to Windows 7 operating system will work because all the new features are nice, worth and explanations of BIOS updates and drivers from AMD.

Even I agree with the fact that Windows 7 operating system works fine on Amilo A1667G all-rounder notebook. My Amilo A1667G notebook is 5 months old and I had no trouble with it yet. On the other hand I think Windows Vista operating system is not upto the mark comparatively. I experienced my notebook with Windows XP. I can use this system for games as well as for the office automation software such as Office 2007, Adobe Reader, MSN, Skype, etc and everything works perfectly. One thing is certain; I will not go back to XP.

You can download free drivers for Fujitsu Siemens Amilo A1667G Series. All required drivers are available for download on the internet, including audio controllers, video, and chipset, Wi-Fi or USB. Your entire query related to the installation, or you cannot find a driver you need, go to the internet for help. If you want to avoid wasting much time of yours searching for audio, video or Wi-Fi drivers, the solution using the program DriverPack for automatic installation of driver when you reinstall the operating system. This will make the process easier and faster. You can also download the DriverPack solution on this website.

You can download free drivers for Fujitsu Siemens Amilo A1667G Series. All required drivers are available for download on the internet, including audio controllers, video, and chipset, Wi-Fi or USB. Your entire query related to the installation, or you cannot find a driver you need, go to the internet for help. If you want to avoid wasting much time of yours searching for audio, video or Wi-Fi drivers, the solution using the program DriverPack for automatic installation of driver when you reinstall the operating system. This will make the process easier and faster. You can also download the DriverPack solution on this website.