Thread: For Asus 900a which is the best operating system?

For Asus 900a which is the best operating system?

I have recently purchased an Asus 900a netbook for my home. Currently I am having Ubuntu 8.04 operating system. I am not happy with the operating system I am using currently. I am a beginner so I want my operating system to be friendly. I want my devices to get installed easily. It should work correctly with wifi and sound. I require fast internet connection and want my netbook to boot fast. I want to have most codec’s for music and video that I play also I want to use MS office. I want you to suggest me some nice operating system. I want to know how Ubuntu 11 is. Kindly help me with my queries.

Re: For Asus 900a which is the best operating system?

Well I know that Asus 900a netbook comes with an Intel Atom N270 1.6GHz processor, 1GB of RAM, and a 4GB SSD, and is preloaded with Asus's special Xandros Linux operating system. By default it has xandros Linux operating system. It has many limitations like you cannot install anything same like Ubuntu 8.04.I can understand so I think you need to install windows XP as operating system. Because it is very friendly. You can use office and you will have fast internet connection. I don’t have much idea about Ubuntu 11. Ubuntu 11 comes with Linux and can be downloaded as open source. Many things can be installed easily.

By default xandros Linux comes as operating system in Asus 900a netbook. As you have got Ubuntu 8.04 I personally did not like it. There is graphics performance problem in Ubuntu in 8.04. Well free download of Ubuntu is available. You can upgrade and download Ubuntu 11. Ubuntu 11 lets users to synchronize his preferences and files in the cloud. I think you can download Ubuntu 11 and that would be a good substitute for Ubuntu 8.04. Ubuntu 11 is a free distribution.

I would suggest you to download Eeebuntu operating system and get it installed. Eeebuntu is a version of Ubuntu which is designed to work out of the box with the Atom processor and Eee wifi/webcam. It is simple to install in the SD card. With Eeebuntu operating system you can install many applications like Abiword, VLC, gFTP, Pidgin, Thunderbird, ZSNES, and Urban Terror. For more you could read the manual or visit the official website to get some assistance.

Well Ubuntu 11 is better than Ubuntu 8.04. It allows you to change your GNOME desktop. You don’t need to install any software to run office. You will definitely get a fast internet connection with Ubuntu 11. Ubuntu 11 is actually a very good replacement of Ubuntu 8.04. Ubuntu 11 is an open source and can be downloaded for free. Download Ubuntu by visiting the website and follow the instructions. I hope things will be fine for you after downloading Ubuntu 11.

I would suggest you to go for openSUSE operating system because Ubuntu 11 has been know for booting problems. You cannot download anti-virus software’s using Ubuntu 11. The bottom line is that Ubuntu 11 doesn’t work with Nvidia drivers which Nvidia cards need. Menu’s of openSUSE is much better. AppArmor is used for security purpose in openSUSE . It provides fast internet connection and things can be installed easily.