Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Upgrading Adobe Flash Player 10.1r85 in linux

Operating Systems

Old 25-07-2011

Upgrading Adobe Flash Player 10.1r85 in linux

Hi, I have ASUS laptop with 4 GB of RAM. And I want to update my flash player. I am using linux on my laptop. But it doesn?t works on my laptop; I need to upgrade my flash player because I want to watch video on youtube. But it?s telling me to upgrade your Adobe Flash Player 10.1r85 to 10.2.152.27. I don?t know why it?s so happening. Please tell me why this is going on? And help me to resolve this problem?

Old 25-07-2011

Re: Upgrading Adobe Flash Player 10.1r85 in linux

Ok. Linux is one of the operating system which provides great security to your computer. But I found the problem why it so happening. As flash player has runtime dependency because of cURL. You can find more information on the adobe?s official homepage. This bug is just due to the cURL. I think it is useless if you recompile ?mozila firefox? to run flash on it.
Old 25-07-2011

Shocking I am currently running ?flashplayer_ 32bit_linux_092710.tar.gz? on my linux laptop. I haven?t installed it but its working for me. I don?t have any issue with flash player till now. I am enjoying movies and videos on my linux laptop everyday and I don?t face such problem till now. But if you wish to install it on your laptop you can visit adobe?s official site foe more information.
Old 25-07-2011

Yes, here is the solution for you. As you have seen earlier replies you should visit adobe?s official homepage. Now here is the solution:
Fists confirm that there is any version of adobe flash player installed on your laptop or not. If there is any version install on your laptop then uninstall it.
(Here is command ?$ sudo apt-get remove flashplugin-nonfree
Ok .Close all browsers now install new version of flash player (Here is command ?$ sudo dpkg $ sudo dpkg -i install_flash_player_10_linux.deb?). That?s it. You have all done .Enjoy online videos on your laptop.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,