Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Corrupt File message at startup

Operating Systems

Old 24-07-2011

Corrupt File message at startup

When I boot up my computer, Windows XP SP3, I always get this message.
"The File or Directory D: is Corrupt and unreadable. Please run the Chkdsk utility". Then the System32 explorer window opens (buit all files are hidden)

I clear the error message, run chkdsk, which reports nothing, and the drive seems to work fine. Any ideas? the drive in question is a Maxtor 720GB.

Very new to the forum and this sort of thing!

Old 26-07-2011

Re: Corrupt File message at startup

I had faced this problem in past and its really annoying. In my case i was getting that error every time even after 100 CHKDSK. IS this same with you ? Do you need to run chkdsk every time ? If yes, better do one thing, scan your D drive with some good updated antivirus, move all data to some another Partition or Drive, just format D DRIVE (only) and reboot the system. See if you are getting the same message.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,