Thread: Hide User Accounts on Windows 7 Logon

Hide User Accounts on Windows 7 Logon

I Just Installed Windows 7 on my hp desktop, i wnat to know the procedure to hide user accounts on Windows 7 logon. I have created three account on my windows 7 system. Do i need to change any registry settings in windows registry for account which are created in control panel.

Re: Hide User Accounts on Windows 7 Logon

You can also change logon background screen but if you want to hide user accounts on windows 7 logon follow the step given below. Click Start then go to Run menu and type secpol.msc. Navigate to Local policies > Security settings > Find the entry "Interactive Logon: Hide last user..." and set it to activated > Reboot the machine.

For windows xp : Click on Strat Menu > Run, then type in GPEDIT.MSC and click ok or hit Enter. Now go to User Config > Admin Templates > Control Panel and double click on Hide specified Control Panel appletsNow put a dot in enabled, and click On Show Click On click Add button and type in nusrmgt.cpl into the box.

Follow this procedure to Hide User Accounts on Windows 7 Logon : Go to start menu then select run then type regedit, it will open i windows registry window> search for this : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\ then right click on the winlogon folder > select "New" and then select "Key". Name the new Key: SpecialAccounts then create another key > Right click on the new "SpecialAccounts" Key and select "New" and then "Key" > Name this new Key: UserList > select "DWORD (32-bit Value)" gine the nmae same as the account created on your windows 7 system, set the value to "0" if you want to hide the user. Click "OK" and close Regedit.

Quote Originally Posted by Wynn View Post
    Follow this procedure to Hide User Accounts on Windows 7 Logon : Go to start menu then select run then type regedit, it will open i windows registry window> search for this : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\ then right click on the winlogon folder > select "New" and then select "Key". Name the new Key: SpecialAccounts then create another key > Right click on the new "SpecialAccounts" Key and select "New" and then "Key" > Name this new Key: UserList > select "DWORD (32-bit Value)" gine the nmae same as the account created on your windows 7 system, set the value to "0" if you want to hide the user. Click "OK" and close Regedit.
    I know this is an old thread, but beware - if you hide all the Administrator accounts like that, you will essentially lock yourself out of being able to use the admin password in UAC popups.
    Better to force the use of Ctrl+Alt+Del at logon in "netplwiz" (same as control userpasswords2) on the Advanced tab, to hide all accounts at logon. In my opinion.