Thread: Which is the similar OS to windows ?

Which is the similar OS to windows ?

Hi, I have a machine running Linux operating system, but because of some reasons I am not able to install the windows operating system in the machine and because of that only I always encountered problems with the OS I have, because the one that I have is not that easy as the windows OS. So I want to choose the one that is actually most excellent, easiest, and which has the most user friendly interface, so if there is any please inform me. Thanks for any suggestions.

Re: Which is the similar OS to windows ?

After seeing your question I was quite surprise as what would be the reason that you are not able to install the windows, because it seem that you need all the things which is actually present in the windows OS but still you’re looking to have it with the Linux, so I would like to tell you that there isn’t any such similar OS that you can install but off course there are different distros for the Linux that you can use to be familiar with it.

See as you are expecting the Easiest one, I would like to suggest you to have linux Mint or Ubuntu for your machine. Because they are the interactive distros for the beginners so they can learn from that and then make use of another, or have you ever tried puppy for your machine? that’s also very good, as that distro doesn’t require any recent drivers or don’t have any issue with the programs repository as well.

let me tell you that if you are not willing to have windows than you’d not get the Linux as closer as windows, because they both are different platforms, and as the above user mentioned you should either get the distro for yourself, or install the windows in the machine. but you’ll not get the similar OS as the windows for sure.

According to me as well you should try any of the distro as per your convenience, there are at least 8 to 9 different distros that you can install with the Linux, but let me tell you that if you are the beginner you should try with the ubuntu or the puppy. Otherwise it clearly seems that you’re just interested in the customization only, so for that you can have option to install Arch with the Linux this will not give you the exact interface as windows but better than that for sure.

See if you are not concerning about the performance but just the customization, you can have option to download the theme of windows XP or whatever the version you want to work with. So this will practice you very good with the platform you want, but still if you are looking for a good interface and the performance I would suggest you that you should get the windows installed in your machine.

Do you have a good capacity of HDD attach in your machine? if yes then you can simply install the windows in your machine as well with the Linux also. this is also called as dual booting the system. As if you install both the OS you can simply get the option to select among them while starting up the machine. so no need to have additional distro or the them also.