Thread: Garnet OS vs. webOS

Garnet OS vs. webOS

There are a lot of talented programmers out there in cyberspace. There's also Garnet OS and WebOS ROMs available all over the internet. Just doubt about the different between this two o/s? How is about Palm Pre's WebOS vs Garnet OS? We have heard something about Palm's new webOS, pros and cons, capabilities. Which is a more powerful OS: Garnet or webOS? Any thoughts coming will be appreciate.

Re: Garnet OS vs. webOS

What matters to one person for a mobile OS may be entirely different than what matters to another person. There are different choices of each of the user. We need to just select the best suitable features based OS for our mobile phone. This is the best way that helps to decide which the best OS is. For every line that Garnet would win on, WebOS would win on another. If someone wants a multimedia, web, and social services in there phone, then they're not selecting at Garnet.

WebOS has the potential to be improved for a connected device because it is connection centric. It will have a respectable browser and the facility to install meaningful apps. There were thousands of orphaned applications when we go from RAM to NVFS. There will be a new webOS phone in the potential and I think we can all assume that Palm/HP aren’t slow about what hardware they require to use for the next webOS phone.

The truth is, webOS is fantastic and these other mobile operating systems will advantage from the talent behind webOS. Thought, Palm contain WebOS now but this no more behind the PalmOS/Garnet OS application we owned now, experience sad like abandon child but no choice. ALP has bequest Garnet OS maintain so most of our Palm OS apps will run, the only problem is, there is at relax no Smartphone running ALP.

The webOS ecosystem will be growing dramatically as webOS is introduced to PCs and printers. Active webOS developers meet the criteria for a variety of benefits intended to improve their skill to develop and market apps for webOS devices. WebOS requires an entirely new kind of hardware. I wonder that when webOS does appear, it will do well as a connected phone. This is the best mobile OS for that time. I think it works great compared with the Garnet OS.

Garnet VM is compatible with Maemo Linux OS2006, OS2007, and OS2008, which means it runs on the Nokia N810, N800, and 770 Internet Tablets. I'm not sure I understand Nokia's multi-OS policy. Access' Garnet being available isn't a part of Nokia's strategy. This is Access' doing, and excellent on their end in terms of testing Garnet. It is my kind there will be a Garnet emulator in ALP, if any devices are ever released with this Access OS. This is also the other better choice available for you.

I agree with you. The main position power of Garnet OS reveals itself in a PDA. When it was approved into Smartphone’s, the restricted side of its nature was clearly revealed. If WebOS completes at least 2/3 of the expectations, it may turn into a major mobile platform for the years to come. They recently announced it as WebOS, to be used in devices such as the Palm Pre. But there will be some kind of performance below of this OS as compared with the other.