Thread: No Stand by option in drop down for laptop lid closed in power option tab?

No Stand by option in drop down for laptop lid closed in power option tab?

Hello friends I have came through a problem in my friends laptop normally I have saw that in the Power option in control panel we have a drop down in which it is stated that what action has to be performed when the laptop lid is closed but in my friends laptop I am unable to find any such option and he have recently installed with windows XP please help me I don’t know how this is possible and how to get rid if this so I need some suggestions over this please help me?

Re: No Stand by option in drop down for laptop lid closed in power option tab?

Well I am sorry to say that I have never heard about such problem till now this is the first time I have been hearing about this so I think I don’t know any solution but I would be searching for it now and I hope I would get some help for you sooner, but this is a problem which I am sure with that I would be able to find something because I don’t have much idea about this because I am finding very tuff to think any solution about it on my own.

I think this must be the old laptop model I mean one of those laptop which would be using the DOS command still and there are still many laptop in market and been used by people and these laptops don’t have many such option so I don’t think you got to worry about this because this does comes with the windows itself so I think this wont be the problem in any of the new laptops and all and I know many of such laptop which was been using Dos and they dint had this option.

OK dear I think he must have formatted the Laptop and there must be some problem in formatting I would ask you to tell him that he should format it once again which different CD and I am sure that he would get it back because such stuffs to happen is very tuff until the model is very old because some of the old model I know which wasn’t that advanced that it would have had such advance option so either there is a problem in the windows installation or the problem is with the model number.

Hey i think you are right the model number is too old and that's why it doesn't have that feature yap thanks i was really shocked and was a bit confused wasn't understanding whats the problem now i am cleared with it thanks a lot for clearing things out of it, i knew you all would be doing it very easily and i dint even thought of it though it was so easy anyways thanks.