Thread: After upgrading windows 7 professional Hotkeys stopped working

After upgrading windows 7 professional Hotkeys stopped working

Hotkeys stopped working later than upgrading from Microsoft windows vista to windows 7 professional. I contain HP desktop 64 bit and make use of wireless keyboard. My hot keys that are where email key, hp club key, search key, help key, ejecting the DVD keys and so on keys don't work or I can say stop working. Only the volume key sleep mode key works fine. Please help me because hp and Microsoft won't assist me, they are saying that call hp and hp says call Microsoft so no more Microsoft or hp for me anymore its apple Mac time.

Re: After upgrading windows 7 professional Hotkeys stopped working

HP does not contain drivers for windows 7 wireless keyboard; if someone has drivers for HP wireless keyboard I would be glad about it. It is HP wireless keyboard, model number is: KG-0636. Thanks everyone who endeavored to assist me, not buying pc with windows or HP once more they won't assist me with this trouble as you say its apple MAC time.

I just upgraded to Microsoft Windows 7 but the problem here is that hotkeys are not working. I am running a Sony, I upgraded each and every drivers, installed the notebook utilities. But still the similar problem, the brightness hotkey works well. While I attempt the volume hotkeys, the icon comes into view on the screen but does not shift or modify volume. The volume hotkey appears to be the just one not working appropriately. So please suggest something. Any support would be respected with this.

Hotkeys are manufacturer precise. Since the additional hotkeys separately from the volume keys are working excellent on your laptop, I would recommend you to uninstall and re-setup the suitable drivers for the similar and make sure if that fixes the problem. I think this will help you because this is the best and easy way to solve this.

I uninstalled the hotkey utilities, rebooted after that re-installed Sony shared library, Sony utilities DLL, reboot after that setup the hotkey utility. At the moment not anything works and I obtain an error Sony event service not working. I after that attempted one more route uninstalled every drivers and libraries, and so on. After that I reinstalled the shared library or utilities or event service or BIOS update for vista. At the moment I am reverse to where I was, all is back working apart from for the volume up or down key.

You would comprise to setup the Shared Library and event services for your Sony model from Sony support page. Download the vista drivers and setup the similar in compatibility mode and it should work, including the s1 and FN buttons and so on. To setup the drivers in Vista Compatibility mode just do the following:
    1. Right click the installation file and choose Properties.
    2. Click the Compatibility tab.
    3. Below Compatibility mode, make certain the “Run this program in compatibility mode for:” choice.
    4. Choose Windows Vista Service Pack 1 or Windows Vista Service Pack 2 from the existing choices.
    5. Click Apply and press OK.

Furthermore, you should check compatibility, as the wrong driver might not let you restart your computer even in Safe Mode.
    This means you will need a clean installation of Windows 7, causing you to lose important work and documents.
    Just be sure the downloaded driver is compatible with BIOS version and change it if necessary.
    Also, create a restore point before installing a new driver, as you can revert to it if something goes wrong.