Thread: Transfering the data in d drive instead of C drive in assus pc

Transfering the data in d drive instead of C drive in assus pc

I have a desktop at my home. And it has an Asus system. My hard drive is partitioned into two drives C and D. I have installed my operating system into the C drive. So all the files are saved in C drive only and there is nothing in the D drive. I want to save all that data on D drive because my C drive partition is smaller than that of D drive. And I want to store images, music in different directory. Can I move all my data in D drives or it will suffer to my operating system. Please give me some suggestions as you can.

Re: Transfering the data in d drive instead of C drive in assus pc

As you mentioned above you have two drives. So obviously you can move your files and folders to different directory without any objection. You can also categorize your files in different folders as per the type of data. So you can save some files on various drives. But remember one thing don’t merge system files and folders in each others. Keep those all in their predefined positions. I hope you will understand there is no condition for moving the data from one directory to other.

I don’t understand why you want to change the directory of your system’s files and folders. If you want to save the image and music files in different directories then its ok but for that you don’t want to move all the C drive’s files in other folders. Because there is no harm to keep the system files on their original directory but the movement of system files may occur some problem. So I give you an advice to keep the system files on its original position.

I have seen no problem to save images and music files in different directory. But please don’t try to move system files from the C drive(the drive where you previously install your Operating system). Because after moving system files to another directory when you will trying to download some files form internet or from other sources then you will find an error while downloading. Because when operating system installs the files in any directory then it sets the downloading path and other paths to specific folder in particular directory. They will not found by the system if you move them. So just keep those folders in their original positions.

As you mentioned in your problem you have small drive where you installed your operating system. So you can try this to save your C drive’s (where Operating System is installed) space. When you are trying to install any new software on your PC then set the installation path to another folder which in another directory while installation. In this way you can maintain the space in your C drive. And you can also move the music file and images from that drive to another drive. I hope this will work.

There is another solution for your problem. As you told your C drives capacity is lower than that of another then you can try to install your operating system to another drive which is bigger than previous one. In this way you don’t want to import or move any data to here and there. And you can release the memory of your C drive by formatting it. This is the best solution if you want to get rid of moving your data. And then you can manage that data as per type.