Thread: Driver cannot allocate memory

Driver cannot allocate memory

I am getting the BSOD on my computer once in a week. I am having the Windows XP installed on my computer. When I went to the event viewer then I get the message that says “the driver failed to allocate memory”. I am also getting the message as IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL with the blue screen. This is the first time I am getting this type of error so don’t have any idea that how can this be resolved. Please help me.

Re: Driver cannot allocate memory

Do you have recently installed any software in your computer? If there is some problem with the software then you might get the issues similar to this. So see if you can enter in the safe mode and if your system gets started in the safe mode then you can just uninstall that from your computer and after this reboot your computer in normal XP mode. If that installed problem was the culprit for this then this time you will not get that problem.

You can try to access the driver to solve the problem and if it is not allowing you to access the drivers then it will ensure that the problem is with the driver. So you know that what you have to do. Just search for the latest driver and then install it on your computer. I am saying this because there are more chances that the problem is with the driver and installing the latest driver will cure the problem.

All you have to go to the Control Panel and open system. Now select the advanced tab. Select performance and again choose advanced tab. Click on the Change button which is there under "Virtual memory". Choose the option that says "Automatically manage paging file size for all drives". Save the changes. This can solve the problem for you. This will permit the system to manage the virtual memory in the best possible way.