Thread: Windows Backup Wizard not showing hard drive

Windows Backup Wizard not showing hard drive

Friends, I am having two hard drives installed on my computer. Out of these two hard drive, the first one is of 500 GB which has three partitions and I have installed Windows 7 on that. The second hard drive is of 160 GB and it is having just one partition in that and I am thinking to utilize that as for the backup drive. Problem is that whenever I try to setup Windows Backup wizard the it is not showing me the second drive partition in the list of partitions. I can only get the partitions which are there in the first drive. Please help me to do that. Thank you.

Re: Windows Backup Wizard not showing hard drive

There is a software named as EASEUS Todo Backup. You can try to use this backup software to make the backup on the second hard drive. As the best all-in-one backup way out intended for home as well as business users, EASEUS Todo Backup Free contains disk clone as well as influential data backup and recovery. It gives the richest set of backup and recovery features as compared to the other free ones for the complete protection of your computer.

Thank you so much for your reply but I do not wish to install some third party software in that. If the same utility is provided by the OS in-built feature then it makes no sense that I install some this party software in that. I am having the Windows XP installed on 2nd drive previously and therefore I believe Windows Backup does not confirm it as it identifies a few system-critical files lying on it. I have tried by formatting the second hard drive but still there is no luck with that. I also attempted with the Disk Wiper tool that s there in the CCleaner to remove every hidden file within drive but that takes a long time to wipe disk.

To make that drive visible, what you can do is just right click on the drive where you want to do the backup and after that select properties. When you do that then you will see the property box. Select Tools tab from there and after that click the Backup now. Click on the setup backup. You will get one more window in a few second that will ask you for the destination. When it asks you for that then connect the drive to the computer and refresh it. It will show you the hard drive icon. Just click on the connect button after selection that. I hope this will help you.

There is one more thing that you can try to do. What you can do is, go to the run and after that type powershell to that. Now you will have to type the wbadmin start backup –backupTarget: g : -include:c: For example, if you are having G: drive as the backup drive then the my suggestion to you is to take the manual backup of all the data to your G: drive and after that try to do this. Good Luck!!!

Since you are equipped to spare the System image on your outside harddrive and unable to select the same harddrive for performing the alternate, the most drastically create might be that the outer harddrive is moreover combined in the auxiliary catalogue. I could prescribe you to check if the end drive is chosen in the alternate record, depending on if it is chosen then verify to uncheck that drive then after that move with the alternate or provided that you such as to incorporate that drive to reinforcement, then after that you should select a unexpected location for that.