Thread: Fedora 15 freezes randomly

Fedora 15 freezes randomly

Friends, I am facing a very annoying issue. Actually, I have installed the Fedora 15 and problem is that it is getting hanged randomly. Once this happens then the only option left for me is to Shutdown the machine. Many of the times it happens when I boot the system. I cannot understand that how can I resolve this issue. If someone of you can provide me some information about this that how can it be resolved then I will really appreciate that.

Re: Fedora 15 freezes randomly

This problem normally happens when you are using the old hard drive. If the hard drive that you are using is consist of a lot of bad sectors in that then might get the issues like this. So you can try to clean the hard drive. Remove all the bugs from that. There are many software available which will help you to do that. So search for such software from internet and use that to clean the hard drive.

I agree that buggy hard drive can cause the issues like this. To clean that, you can make use of the “CCleaner”. This is the best among the other available software. I am using the same whenever I get some problem like this and most of the times it solves the issue for me. So download and install that on your computer and make use of that. I am quite sure that this is going to solve the problem that you are facing.

Thanks for the reply. I am having the hard drive which is 4 years old. But I am sure that there is no bad sector in that. This is seem to be some other problem with it. I can also perform the force power off with the help of systemctl poweroff -f. I am stuck at this point that what should be done to solve this problem. Anyway, thank you again for your reply and please post some other possible solution for this.

If you are using the 4 year old drive then there are many chances that it is having the bad sectors and that is the main reason that you are facing this problem. So my recommendation to you is to replace that with the new one and that will surely solve the problem. By the way, how are you so confident that it is not having the any bug in that? Have you used some software to scan that?

Changing the hard drive will be a good option for you but before doing that, you should verify that it it is having support for the ACPI. Other than this, you can also try to mess out with the BIOS settings and see if that can help you or not. What you can do is just set the settings to its default and after that save and exit the setup. This will solve the problem for you.