Thread: Unable to install Windows XP OS in HP mini 210-2002ed

Unable to install Windows XP OS in HP mini 210-2002ed

Hey guys, I had HP mini 210-2002ed Netbook which had Windows 7 installed in it. But I was finding it little difficult in using the new interface and features of Windows 7, as I have been a Windows XP user from many years. So, in order to get rid of the following Windows 7 OS from my system, I tried to install the Windows XP OS in my HP mini 210-2002ed Netbook but was unable to do so. Does anyone know what must be causing the issue? Why I am unable to install Windows XP in my system? Please help me.

Re: Unable to install Windows XP OS in HP mini 210-2002ed

I am not sure but you might be using some pirated CD to install the Windows XP Operating System in your HP mini 210-2002ed Netbook. You should always make sure that you are using original Windows CD with a license given by the Microsoft officials to install the following Windows XP in your system. So, I will recommend you to get an original CD of Windows XP to install it in your System and check whether you are still facing the issue or not.

As you have mentioned the issue, I strongly feel that the Windows XP is not able to detect the harddrive of your HP mini 210-2002ed Netbook. And most probably you will have to slipstream the sata driver of your Netbook and check out whether the issue gets resolved or not. I am not 100% sure that this will be the issue, but it can be strongly possible because I have come across many people who have been gone through this particular issue while trying to install Windows OS in their system.

Thanks for the concern. I am using the original CD of Windows XP but still I am unable to solve the issue. I also feel the same that there is some issue with the detection of the harddrive of my Netbook as I have also read about the same issue being faced by many people. So, I wanted to know, how can I slipstream the sata driver of my Netbook? If anyone is having any kind of information regarding this particular issue then please feel free to comment back and help me and many more like me.

Performing slipstream of the sata driver of your HP mini 210-2002ed Netbook is a pretty much complicated process and it needs to be done only under some guidance and help from someone who is pretty good in doing so. So, I would recommend you to visit ant computer store in the nearest area of your particular location and get the issue fixed as soon as possible. Experimenting yourself will prove to me more risky and your system will be exposed to more damages.

If none of the given solution is working for you then I think the only place where you can find all the necessary help is any computer store available in your nearly location or for best result, if any HP Care Centre is available then you will be getting all the required help to solve the issue. The technical staff present over the store will be having all the required help to solve the issue. I am not sure whether the service will be for free but the charges won’t be exceeding much.