Thread: How to upgrade BIOS when no hardware support in Tough Book Cf-28

How to upgrade BIOS when no hardware support in Tough Book Cf-28

I am having the Toughbook cf-28 I purchased it since last month. But now there is the problem I purchased the Toughbook cf-28 without knowing the version of the BIOS and now I want to upgrade the BIOS. But now I am thinking that there is no USB booting in the Toughbook cf-28 and I found that the v.1and I think that it is not supporting the USB booting. And in this case it is not also having the CD and DVD drive and Floppy drive, or Hard disk. So is there any way through which I can upgrade the BIOS. Please help me in solving the problem Thanking all in advanced for helping me.

Re: How to upgrade BIOS when no hardware support in Tough Book Cf-28

To upgrade the BIOS I think that when you have on the power of the laptop then the Panasonic name appears in white with the phrase after that you have to just press the F2 key on the keyboards to enter the setup directly below the setup. After that when the phrase appears then you have to immediately press the F2 key. I think that you have to tap the key for more than once. After that you have to go to the setup utility which is having online reference manual and it is having the walkthrough which is of the BIOS Setup Utility. You can get this manual you have to first click on the Start and after that you have to click on all programs and after that you have to click on the Panasonic and after that last step is click on the Online Manuals.

I think that you have to go on the support site of the Toughbook and after that you have to download the update of BIOS, EC and Utility Updates. After downloading this you has to extract the files anywhere you want after extracting you have to follow the steps:
    • You have to first create 2 bootable diskettes which is having no config.sys or autoexec.bat.Label one BIOS and the other EC.
    • And then copy the contents in the BIOS folder to the BIOS diskette,
    • And then move the contents of the EC folder to the EC diskette.
    • Make sure the computer has the AC adapter connected.
    • After that you have to re-boot the computer, booting from the EC diskette first.
    • When finished, remove the EC diskette and reset the computer with the BIOS diskette in drive C:
    • When finished remove the diskette and restart your computer.

As far as I know I think that there is no way throw which you can open the CPU. I think that you have to swap to the motherboard. I think that there may be the something at the bottom of the Toughbook so that they will give access to the memory and after that you will be able to reseat the memory. And I found it there is a cover which may open if you unlock the screw. You don’t have to remove the waterproof film.

From the discussion going on I think that you have you have to use the USB Floppy drive I think that this will work on the Toughbook you have to just bring the USB Floppy drive and this is also a worth shot. The another option is I think that you have to just install am operating system like the w2k or Windows XP on the other computer with the help of the notebook HD and the IDE and after that you have to put that in the system and after that you have to just load the drivers.

I think that if you want to upgrade the BIOS for 512 MB Memory Support you have to go on the support site of the Toughbook and after that you have to download the update of BIOS, EC and Utility. And then you have to follow these steps:
    Firstly the download was in zip file you have to just extract and after that you have to create a bootable diskette and this will not have config.sys or an autoexec.bat.
    After that you have to make sure that the AC adapter is connected to the computer.
    And then you have to reboot the computer and you have to boot from the diskette.
    After the completion of the task you have to remove the diskette and I hope that this will be fine.

Thank you for giving me the replies and now the problem has been solved for the BIOS update I have upgraded the BIOS and I was saying that i don't want any hardware but now I am thinking of purchasing the external hard drive and after that i have upgraded the BIOS.