Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unable to use Ubuntu 11.04 on Hp Pavilion dm4

Operating Systems

Old 12-07-2011

Unable to use Ubuntu 11.04 on Hp Pavilion dm4

I have just brought hp pavilion and I meant to say that there is not anything that I can do here as, this came with an windows 7 installed on it , and as I have formerly been a Windows user s , I just cannot install Ubuntu 110.04 which is the latest version that they shipped me , then too I tried installing it and it resulted in a black screen please help me out .AS I can?t find enough help from my friends as they are novice about this operating system.

Old 12-07-2011

Re: Unable to use Ubuntu 11.04 on Hp Pavilion dm4

I think that was the wrong step that you had taken with the Linux based operating system you should have known that there are Linux operating system directly communicates with the kernel and any modification that are made on this directly affect the hardware that you are using, so next time do consult or learn before you try out anything related to Linux operating system Can you tell me what did you do , And did you try to install it in the Dual boot .
Old 12-07-2011

I just tried to installed that from a bootable Usb thumb drive and that made this case even worse as I did not have any previously knowledge of installing this trough usb drives . I also looked for some articles on the internet so that it would help me to gain a better control over it , and then changed the BIOS to boot from USB When I first , I just have first booted up and then it just stopped at a Black screen and well I am trying to do that in a dual bootable mode..
Old 12-07-2011

This could be possible a monitor driver issue that you have been facing as I have personally tried this using an ISO image on my Laptop and that just worked fine on my pc as there are many things that I followed before I could make this work, But, I think that there should be a problem even if you did not do any previous research and worked on it, but that seems to be a problem that is caused due to hardware failure.
Old 12-07-2011

There were many issues with Linux with the hardware components that we are viewing, and I have tried using various version of Ubuntu and that has not worked for, so I jumped to Linux Mint and that worked for me , I would like to recommend the same , I have also tried using the Linux Sabayon there and I need to say that this also work for me without any problem .I would further like to see of that works for you do reply me back if you still get a problem .
Old 12-07-2011

There are many user who are facing a problem with the Linux operating system that you were having this problem with the Linux 11.04 Linux that you are using , As this is an open source operating system there are many bugs that are only understood and found when we use it , but , I would strongly recommend you to try out the oldest stable version may be 10.04 lucid lynx might just work for you , Some people have also stated that they have solved this problem by adjusting the brightness of there screen don ?t know if that works .
Old 13-07-2011

That was really help full to me as I am a novice user of this system I think that would be better for this to see if there was no problem with this one , Just used the Linux mint and that installed very fine with this one m so I think that there are I should have queered your before as there are many things that I haven?t changed here , Well as my problem is solved I thank you for all the replies that you gave me .

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,