Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Getting "ordinal 379" error message

Operating Systems

Old 12-07-2011

Getting "ordinal 379" error message

On my HP Pavilion laptop I am getting a constant :ordinal 379" error message.. I am not able to figure out why I am having this error. I the complete error is The ordinal 379 could not be located in the dynamic link libraryiertutil.dll. I am having a bit problem to find solution here. There is some libraryiertutil.dll file which is causing the issue. How can I fix this thing.

Old 12-07-2011

Re: Getting "ordinal 379" error message

I think you need to run system file checker. This is a integrated windows system file scanner that will try to locate damage file and fix the issue. This is a time consuming process but it really works. Whenever you get any dll or system file missing error then running this one is the best option. All you have to do is click on Start > Run and in that type sfc /scannow and hit enter. That's it.
Old 12-07-2011

There can be various reason behind this thing. A dll missing file simply means some internal system component is damage. SFC will take a really long time to fix this thing. If you have enough time then you can run that and leave it in the background. Another way to fix this issue is that you have to remove some recently installed windows update. You can find that in Programs > Uninstall Program > View installed updates.
Old 14-07-2011

This is not a big issue. It can be resolved if you simply go ahead with system restore. The error is usually generated due to some recently added updates and program. All you have to do is just uninstall that things and done. The only problem with this error is that there is not hotfix available for the same. Most of the windows error can be resolved just running a hotfix. But for this I am unable to find anything.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,