Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

install linux on nokia mobile device

Operating Systems

Old 12-07-2011

install linux on nokia mobile device

hey
first, dont come here and say: "its not possible!" , "why do you want to do that". plz dont say these.
i have a n86 and i wanted to test linux on it. i know it has a ARM 11 434 MHz processor(gsmarena.com) and i know linux is ported to ARM. my phone is hacked. i wanted to know if anybody has tried anything about that? any tools? any work? any ideas? everything is appreciated!
thx in advance

Old 12-07-2011

Re: install linux on nokia mobile device

I think this might cause some problem with the nokia that you are using as N86 come installed with a S60 as operating system and the Linux that you are trying to install on it is also an operating system so this is only possible to install Linux operating system if you can bypass S60 in order to Run Linux on it , Moreover there is no Linux operating system that is built for operating on mobile handheld device , but yes there are a few , But I ain?t sure if that would work for you , you can try using Maemo operating system which is also Linux based.On the other hand you could also try using the Android OS ( AS it uses and works on Linux kernel ) can surely works on your ARM chip .
Old 12-07-2011

Re: install linux on nokia mobile device

hey, thx
i know, but i didnt have any experiences with bootloaders of such devices...
can you help me? how could i bypass it? i already use a cooked(and also hacked) rom for my n86, does that help me? could i use flashing softwares for this purpose?

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,