Thread: UBUNTU 10.04 on Acer 1410

UBUNTU 10.04 on Acer 1410

II recent y brought an Acer 1410 laptop as I previously did not had one and had to constantly depend on my brother laptop for programming and other college related work ‘s and project , I have been using this since a long time and I must say that there are many thing s that I have n ‘t got right , until know I have a windows & pre-installed on this and I want to install Ubuntu 10.04 on this , this the one that our professor told to install but as I am new to such things I have no idea how to install or what is the procedure that I need to follow before install this one .

Re: UBUNTU 10.04 on Acer 1410

I think that you system came with an p reinstalled version of Linux as Acer gives a per installed version of Linux in it, just check that again and post me back , if you still cannot view if that is been installed on your pc then please keep on pressing the down arrow key which is present on the keyboard that you are having . This might stop the booting process and won’t take you to the dual boot layer, I hope this works for you.

Hey, gosh you know my system better than I do, there was a previously installed Linux operating system on my laptop, your tip was really helpful for me, but I know I am facing a problem to update it from the 7.08 version to 10.04 version as we are been suggested to work on the latest stable operating system while this one is quite old, I have updated the operating system with the automatic feature that was available but that I think made many things malfunctioning.

I have been using this after and there is so many problems that occur after the update namely there are audio in that is integrated with the microphone does seem to be working. And more on this is also causing many much issue with the keyboard also the FN and the F5 that were previously used by the me to toggle display is also not working after this update , I think there is no solution to such problem I would recommend you to better remove the updated or the installed Linux operating system and start with a fresh installation .

Yup, starting with a fresh installation would definitely work for you as there are many problem that are associated with the update, but a fresh install would definitely not give you the same problem as it would not misinterpret with the previously installed operating system, i am personally using this operating system and I mean to say that this stable and there should not be any issue related to it s working and that is the reason why many people recommend lucid lynx version.

I have been also having a problem with the installation the script as there are also malfunction so went to the option that you stated above to format the Linux operating system and then start with a fresh copy of install so I think that has worked for me I have now installed this on my system and that now works perfectly fine as I wanted before. But, I would still love if there was a better way out through this , well thanks for the reply.