Thread: How to upgrade from Mac OS x 8.6 To 9.0 on Apple Powerbook 1400c

How to upgrade from Mac OS x 8.6 To 9.0 on Apple Powerbook 1400c

Few years before I buy this Apple Macintosh PowerBook 1400c laptop and the features of this is best at that time. This is to be the 133 MHz PowerPC 603e processor, 1.3 GB hard drive and a 16 MB of RAM in 11.3" display. Still this is work correctly without any problem. this laptop contain the Mac OS x 8.6 operating system and I want to upgrade this upto the 9.0. can I do this task without any problem. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to upgrade from Mac OS x 8.6 To 9.0 on Apple Powerbook 1400c

Before doing anything on this laptop remember one this that your system has been contain 8.6 version of the Mac OS x. hence this kind of version is built in the late 1999. In today’s high configuration based world you need to buy a new one instead of upgrading this older laptop. This is the best suggestion for you. This type of upgrade task will be taken so much time on your system. It may be possible that it will be goes failure.

For an interesting overview of Mac OS history, they have to be mention that this is to be possible to install the 9,0 Mac OS on to it. If the process clock frequency is to be support this. Then this type of upgrade task is to be happening on the system. Hence as per my suggestion if you want to do this task on your own risk, then do this task. You need to first check the compatibility with the newest OS. This will be help to avoid problem.

Sorry, but I think you're going to be disappointed if you listen my thoughts. This is the completely older laptop. This laptop contain only 16 MB RAM and within this RAM what can you do. You need good laptop in today’s world. This is the best for you. If you try to upgrade this OS, then it could be possible that it goes to the failure. Hence the better way is to be buy new laptop and then install Mac OS x 9.0 or the advanced OS on it.

Hey dude, the most modern compatible Mac OS x version you want to install on the older laptop. It may be possible that this will be gives the compatibility problem on your Mac. For doing this task, you need to try to upgrade it using an OS 9.0 CD. In very few chances it could be possible that you can do this installation on this laptop. The main surprise is to be this laptop contains the Mac OS x 8.6 version. try this upgrade task and it may be work.

If you want to update Mac OS 8.6 or the similar version for better system performance, then it will be necessary to do this task. Mac OS 8.6 OS provide development for Sherlock and this will be also better media integration. I think the official site can also provide the more brief information on this topic. Is it possible that do this task on old laptop then the manufacturer can only do this complicated task? Hence take help and solve problem.