Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Cannot format with windows boot CD

Operating Systems

Old 10-07-2011

Cannot format with windows boot CD

My PC was a bit slow and so I decided to format that. I tried to do that with boot from CD but it was not able to format it. So I installed the new Windows XP to the other partition. After that I tried to format the drive where was the Windows before but I was not able to do that. Now this is consuming the space in my computer unnecessarily. I am having the HP d530. Now I am stuck that how these issues can be resolved. Please help me to resolve this problem. I hope someone can provide me some solution for this.

Old 10-07-2011

Re: Cannot format with windows boot CD

For this you will have to go to the BIOS setup. From there go to the settings and then set boot from the CD drive first and after that HD. Once you are done with that then you can simply save the changes and exit the BIOS settings. Now try to insert the Windows CD in your computer and restart the system. Once you will be booted from the CD then you can easily delete or format that partition from your computer. See if this helps you or not.
Old 10-07-2011

There may be some problem with the bootable windows CD that you are using and for that reason you are facing the problem like this. What you can do is just take some other bootable disc and then try to format it from that CD. Make sure that the CD is not having any scratches in that. If the problem is because of the bad installation disc then this time you will not get the problems like this. Do a fresh installation of the Windows.
Old 10-07-2011

I think that the problem is because of the non-genuine notification problems. All you have to download as well as run the Microsoft Genuine Advantage Diagnostics Tool. If you use that then you will be able to make use of the non-genuine notification problems. Just see for the instructions from internet that how can you use that. After that only install and use this. This is the best thing that I can recommend you. Thank you.
Old 10-07-2011

Just remove the RAM from your computer and also disconnect the graphic card if you are having that on your computer. After that connect that back to their place properly and make sure that the connection is tight. I don?t know the logic behind this but this helps me when I was getting somewhat similar problem. Therefore I am saying you the same and wish that this will help you to resolve the problem. Please reply if that helps you or not.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,