Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

NF79-p1 Bios update headaches

Operating Systems

Old 09-07-2011

NF79-p1 Bios update headaches

So I'm trying to update the Bios with NF79-p10, it's reporting that my current bios isn't compatible with the I7 processor(???).

So I down loaded the Bios, Burned it to a dvd, without extracting the 1.44 image file, made the necessary Bios adjustments, save and exited, and waited.

It hesitated for a moment on the drive, then continued to load windows.

After several more attempts, checking and rechecking my settings, I extracted the file, (the image file) burned a new dvd, with the same outcome.

What am I doing wrong?

Should I install a floppy?

Thank-you for your time, I guess I'm still a noob...

Old 10-07-2011

Re: NF79-p1 Bios update headaches

NF79-p1 is quiet an better tool to upgrade bios. All thing which matters is the proper version you are applying. Mismatch can cause server system failure. And for bios update floppy is best recommended options. But as todays motherboards are still capable to work with dvd on the bios level, you can use dvds or disc for the same. I will advice you to first verify the bios version and also do not forget to check the compatibility support of the same with your motherboard.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,