Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

After changing Mac address in backtrack 5 airmon-ng not able to find any interface

Operating Systems

Old 08-07-2011

After changing Mac address in backtrack 5 airmon-ng not able to find any interface

I have this hardware: Is TP-LINK TL-WN722N Wireless USB adapter support in Linux. This worked for me in Linux Mint (my major system) and Backtrack 5. I tried to make use of Backtrack 5 for my Wifi and did change the Mac-address. I?m unable to observe the interface several more with airmon-ng. Can I in some way reset the adapter?Anybody know how to fix this problem.i will be glad if you help me to solve this problem.

Old 08-07-2011

Re: After changing Mac address in backtrack 5 airmon-ng not able to find any interface

Type following command.
Code:
airmon-ng
After Running this command it will show you all your interfaces.
Code:
Ifconfig
It gives "eth0" which is the wire and "lo" loopback
Old 08-07-2011

Re: After changing Mac address in backtrack 5 airmon-ng not able to find any interface

Just try to do following Things.
  1. try to reset your hardware firmware.
  2. Release your Mac Address.
  3. change your Mac address using Mac changer.
  4. Just check once again whether your wifi adaptor is supported in backtrack you can check this in hardware compatibility list provided by Backtrack.
  5. Release your adapter and put again.
Old 08-07-2011

Possibly will you make happy to post the accurate commands you are using in chronological order. It possibly will also be helpful if you told us what network card you are using. Most recent I know Mac changer desirable to carry the interface down then it could modify the tough coded Mac address. You will resolve call for to do something like this:
Code:
ifconfig wlan0 down
macchanger -r wlan0
ifconfig wlan0 up
airmon-ng start mon0
Old 08-07-2011

I was also facing exactly same difficulty. After reading your post I tried all the command. Following are the commands which I tried on my system.
Code:
lsusb
But I can?t see any interface such as wlan0 etc.The interface list is totally empty.
Old 08-07-2011

Hey when you type this command
Code:
Lsusb
It should give you interface list where all detail will be there. Which all card is connected .It will show along with its name and interface to which it is connected.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , , ,