Thread: Networking Failed in BackTrack 5

Networking Failed in BackTrack 5

I was happy with the installation of BackTrack 5 but also unhappy with Network problem which I am having. /etc/init.d/networking begin creates a criticism regarding utilizing 'start' which is fair as much as necessary for the reason that I keep in mind issues through Lucid previous year and the repair was comparatively easy. I cannot make connection to the network no matter what I do. I am using Vaio P. Does anybody know the fix for this issue?

Re: Networking Failed in BackTrack 5

Konsole write on the screen of the iwconfig command to know the names that Linux assigns to the NICs on your computer (even if any are found WiFi antennas External). Wireless networks will extend wlan0, wlan1, wifi. All entries by side with the words IEEE 802.11 wireless cards are. That code indicates the WiFi protocol.

Almost all services have such a script that is called at the appropriate runlevels. Usual location for these scripts is "/ etc / rc.d / init.d". The network can be stopped by a start / stop script "/ etc / rc.d / init.d / network start | stop". The ssh daemon is the server for ssh connections can be used with / start etc / rc.d / init.d / sshd start ". It is more elegant, however, entered the service in the runlevel Control for Level 3. He will start automatically when the system is booted normally (or even network-operating with a running X server).

Seeing as you encompass the vmware image on your system you require to verify within your VMware setup that you encompass bridged networking chosen, this is the trouble 90% of the moment. And keep in mind from the time when you are utilizing VMware image you are not able to set integrated wifi adapter within monitor mode. To accomplish that you require a USB wifi adapter like the ALFA or a number of additional USB dongle, for the reason that the VMware image can have complete power of it.

As for the DHCP method, I do not have tried it myself, but for those who want to use it, to give the command in Konsole, is:
    Code:
    dhcpcd eth0
    And you have your interface configured via DHCP address, check if there are problems with ifconfig, you will be returned the list of detected cards. I personally have never sailed in DHCP, so I cannot tell you the operation, but I can assure you that with the method using fixed IP configuration, the navigation is safe, controlled and stable.

Following is the step by step procedure to configure wifi:
    • In order to see all the interfaces recognized by the system, first enter the command shell: ifconfig
    • There will be returned the list and descriptions of network cards.
    • Do the 'example if your card is recognized as one ath0 (atheros typical for), then shell gives the command: iwconfig
    • To ensure that the network card is supported as a wireless, always assuming that it is a ath0, give the command to disable the ethernet card: ifconfig eth0 down
    • Now, to activate the wireless card will just give the command: ifconfig ath0 up
    • Once given the command, open the wireless assistant, with the command: wlassistant
    • retituita will be a list of networks, all the visible ones, choose the network with your SSID carries out operations to enter the WEP key or WPA, and you will be connected.