Thread: SSLSTRIP and WIFIZOO in BackTrack 5

SSLSTRIP and WIFIZOO in BackTrack 5

I am asking this question for those who are very much familiar with the BackTrack and its Administrators. Right now I am also using the BackTrack in my laptop which is of version 5. I am just inquisitive that I have installed SSLstrip to check whether it will run or not, but unluckily it won’t run while I do the common technique. Does anybody have any ideas regarding it? Furthermore is WifiZoo a fraction of BackTrack 5?

Re: SSLSTRIP and WIFIZOO in BackTrack 5

Foremost, we must install the addictions necessary for SSLStrip. These comprise Python and a "twisted-web" Python component. Install these by the use of apt-get command we've before educated; type "apt-get install python" (make use of sudo [super user do] if you're not root otherwise su) and after that "apt-get install python-twisted-web". On one occasion these dependencies are installed properly through apt-get, you can move ahead.

If you're utilizing Backtrack 5, SSLStrip must be installed previously and situated within the "/pentest/web/sslstrip" directory and can be run through typing "python sslstrip.py". For those not utilizing Backtrack 5, follow these:
    • Download SSLStrip tar file. I have made this with Aircrack as well as Ettercap, therefore you might contain a small thought what the after that steps are, furthermore if you do, attempt doing it yourself initially to observe if you can!
    • Download file to desktop otherwise home or else whichever directory you can keep in mind and navigate to.
    • Ensure you steer to this folder prior to extracting the file and installing it.

SSL Strip to take out my channel for SSL encryption to encode the information correctly for me. It is to use https SSL HTTP + SSL, as we assume, it's just HTTP, which is not directly readable plain text. If you are sent using the https channel as the data security requirements, such as username, password and. When we access the data after decoding, it will be a hack (similar to listening to).

Running sslstrip is straightforward; replace each and every one access "https" a web page "http://" and after that a MITM among server as well as client. The thought is that to converse with the casualty and criminal above HTTP, whilst the attacker and the server communication in excess of HTTPS with server certificate. For that reason, the attacker every one of traffic in clear text to observe the casualty. In short, steps would be:
    • Setting up IP Forwarding: Echo 1> / proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
    • Performing ARP MITM attack among 2 systems: Ti-arpspoof eth0 victim host
    • Redirecting traffic through iptables: iptables-t nat-A PREROUTING-p 80-j REDIRECT tcp-destination-port-to-ports 8080
    • Start by the side of the port utilized sslstrip: sslstrip.py python-w file

WIFIZoo is a sniffer that works on the 802.11 protocol, is able to capture and display real-time information over unprotected networks such as Pasante POP passwords, cookies, etc. The version 1.2 is in attendance in BackTrack3, but we will update to version 1.3 which, unlike the previous version, has the added support for reading from a file previously captured traffic (ie with Kismet or airodump-ng). However right now I don’t have any idea about what version of WIFIZoo does the Backtrack 5 include. I am currently looking into that.