Thread: How to install Atheros AR9825 driver on BackTrack 5

How to install Atheros AR9825 driver on BackTrack 5

Somewhere I have read about the Atheros ar9285 Driver. I was demanding each and every one of methods. I've obtained VMware 7.0 as well as BackTrack 5. I've obtained incorporated Atheros AR9825. I was furthermore demanding these ways within BackTrack3. I still made USB Live through BackTrack 3, didn't assist. In BackTrack 5 i got some kind of error message. Currently I’m downloading BackTrack 4 R2 and I’ve got expectation that Live DVD will be useful. Do you make out whichever solutions to my trouble?

Re: How to install Atheros AR9825 driver on BackTrack 5

Essentially, vmware surprises the Linux driver while you walk off into vm. However, vmware merely picks up on the usb wifi units. From the time when BT2 simply works with Atheros pcmcia cards (BT does not operate all the way through atheros usb modules), you almost certainly require an additional card (usb except through a non atheros chipset). If you do encompass an Atheros pcmcia card and would like to make use of BT2, in that case either employ the Live CD otherwise do Hard disk install or else a BT2 competent usb wireless component through your vmware..

I also I have the Atheros AR5007EG and I tried wifislax and I recognize it and also with the BT3 that there if I recognized him without problems, but when I cannot inject, catch me's but does not send ARP packets. If you explain to me how you did you and the things you need, I'd appreciate it because I'm "screwed" since I bought the laptop, lol. For all you not to run the graphical environment of BT3, you have to select the menu that comes when booting from the CD, the third or fourth option, I do not remember.

The Atheros AR9285 single-chip PCI Express key aspects Atheros Align expertise which leverages the 802.11n 1 - brook requirement to give the best improve trail from legacy 802.11 resolutions. The single-stream trait allows a fresh class of Wi-Fi devices that bring performance improvements in excess of the obtainable 802.11g technology, at similar cost points. It is extensively utilized by the HP, Dell, Acer as well as Gigabyte motherboards. Currently if you are getting issues through Atheros AR9825 based devices, and require the newest Wireless LAN drivers to make your mind up.

If you are not able to install those drivers on Backtrack 5 then there is a procedure and it may work:
    • First of all install aircrack-ng.
    • To put in monitor mode, type: (sudo) airmon-ng start [Network Interface]
    • If you do not go looking at the monitor mode compatible drivers with your card (that supports the injection would be better).
    • However, more often than not support each and every one Atheros drivers beneath linux preinstalled and functioning correctly.

BackTrack is just a pre-patched Ubuntu with virtually all network-related packages preinstalled. If your card works under Ubuntu, it also works in BT5. Your card uses the ath5k chipset, which, according to information is perfectly compatible if you compat-wireless) used. And let backtrack obviously compat-wireless use. Furthermore kill your network manager so that no attempt is made to connect to a network (and of course make sure that you're not connected to a network) and you are normally well away from dhclient.

While it is achievable to install things following booting into a LiveCD, they are not stored. You would need to carry out it each moment you boot. Furthermore, these drivers are devalued, for the ath5k/ath9k drivers. These drivers are in further present kernels. I would suggest utilizing a Live CD of Ubuntu otherwise Fedora. You will obtain a additional curved adaptation of Linux, and a improved Linux experience. Backtrack is mostly utilized for "testing" networks. This is typically a euphemism for hacking otherwise cracking network passwords, furthermore that is unlawful.