Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2011

Backtrack 5 StartX error: No screen found

Right now i am suffering from a unique problem by way of backtrack5 32 bit. There is no problem with the LiveCd since the startx command works completely. However while installing the copy within dual boot through windows 7; everything goes effortlessly except i cannot start startx. It draws back errors telling screens establish except no useable configuration. I will comprise a copy of the xorg.conf.new as well as Xorg.0.log. My system is using nvidia card 6150.
Old 07-07-2011

Re: Backtrack 5 StartX error: No screen found

Try this:
  • In the boot menu to select the second option BT5, ie the one that says Backtrack stealth - not networking
  • Then go into graphics mode with the command: startx
  • If all goes well follow the installation steps
  • When the installation in graphical mode try to enter again with: startx
  • If you get errors enter the following:
Code:
rm /root/.kde/cache-bt/icon-cache.kcache
rm /root/.kde/cache-bt/plasma_theme_Volatile.kcache
  • Now enter in graphic mode and everything should work fine
Old 07-07-2011

If I see there is a bug in the xorg configuration. Since the NVidia driver load successfully (I really see no error there) probably just turn on the NVidia drivers. The only error is the dbus error, which is strange but DBus has nothing to do with graphic business. Start by removing (renaming, of course, to preserve) the Xorg config. This is in the directory / etc/X11. Command to rename em xorg.conf.bak (login as root):
Code:
mv / etc/X11/xorg.conf / etc/X11/xorg.conf.bak
No Restore:
Code:
mv / etc/X11/xorg.conf.bak / etc/X11/xorg.conf
Type than once (as root): KDM
You start the KDE display manager where you can log into KDE. The command "startx" will not start immediately but KDE KDM
Old 07-07-2011

If you try to restore order in your file to your screen I advise you (if an installation disk) to choose the recovery mode and take the last option "fix screen" or somewhat similar to it and following boot and resume startx.sa must solve your trouble for the reason that I just have it in my nvidia voulent go to a 1064x 600x800 Anyway.
Old 07-07-2011

I?ve came across whilst demanding to run the X window manager of the accepted security centric distribution of Linux, the Backtrack 5. The errors can merely be fixed by the use of either of the command which does essentially the identical thing.
Code:
fixvesa
otherwise
Code:
copy /etc/X11/xorg.conf-vesa to /etc/X11/xorg.conf
Following appealing to whichever of the commands over, you can currently run the ?startx? command to generate the X window system.
Old 07-07-2011

Just go after the following steps in order to resolve your issue:
Code:
nano / etc/X11/xorg.conf
  • You locate the line to vertical-horizontal frequencies of your monitor and you change them by hand that supplied your ds.
  • Press "F3" and "Enter" to save.
  • Press "F2" to exit.
  • Type "reboot" to reboot.
  • The only concern is that if you are using the livecd, you'll have to reboot lost everything.
  • You can also try to install the ATi drivers....
  • Do not forget to set execution rights on the script: chmod a + x doinst.sh and launches the script:
Code:
 . / doinst..sh - sh doinst.sh
Old 09-07-2011

I think that you can include additional modules and re-engraving a new iso. The procedure has been described in the forum or wiki, I cannot remember, to look for a bit. To your xorg.conf, put values for your card but keep a normal resolution to start, namely 1024-768. For the script to install ati drivers, change the right of the script file to be executable. I will not detail the whole principle; find yourself a little about unix commands, chmod, etc.
Old 18-03-2012

sad backtrack 5 startx error

i m currently using windows developer's preview as my main os. i'he tried installing backtrack 5 using unetbootin. everything was going well but as soon as i enter the cmnd 'startx' the screen suddenly disappered and it goes black. i tried it many times but i m getting same result.
help plz

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,