Thread: Does BackTrack 5 contain a latest Spoonwep tool

Does BackTrack 5 contain a latest Spoonwep tool

As I am a security professional I am very much familiar with the Backtrack operating system. I know that most of the security Pros takes this OS as a recommended one. However Now I am going to install the new version of Backtrack which is v5. Before that I would like to know if the backtrack 5 comes through a latest spoonwep tool similar to spoonwep2 otherwise somewhat like that. If somebody knows about it then let me recognize what’s latest with backtrack 5.

Re: Does BackTrack 5 contain a latest Spoonwep tool

As far as I know that Backtrack 5 has this tool. Spoonwep2 is a very nice, but that is no longer developed from trees long. In short, all that to say that this program is no longer compatible with new versions of aircrack-ng, which use another type of file to save the results (and therefore Spoonwep cannot read them to see the results). In the meantime, you can get back on other tools such as WiFi Gerix cracker NG (I'm not sure it is still maintained, that one) or GrimWepa which is quite similar to Spoonwep. But the best is to do everything in console, although I admit that sometimes a little painful when pressed.

Backtrack4rc2 has wepbuster as well as other additional wifi tools. Backtrack contains gerix wifi cracker. However I’m disappointed like others since numerous the wifi tools were dropped. There not receiving salaried for their work and it’s their distribution, However if over half of their group would adore it further if no less than 5 excellent wifi cracking tools Are integrated.

Latest versions of the admired hacker tool backtrack appeared, from the land up has been built plus contains a lot of fresh features. The developers have consequently not devoid of cause the codename " Revolution "is chosen. BackTrack is a security distribution that contains a variety of security tools intended for testing networks as well as systems. The toolkit is based on Ubuntu LTS Lucid, with a patched 2.6.38 kernel, where all the "wireless injection" patches have been added.

The list of tools is completely updated accordingly in Backtrack 5. They have every tool tested again for functionality and are based on those results decide whether or not it would return in BT5. Of course, they also tested new tools and, when well enough, added to the repositories. The menu structure is optimized. Using the OSSTMM PTES and standards have tightened the menu and made simpler. This would be easier to find the necessary tools.

Programs are similar to spoonwep normally observed like tools Skidd pentesters to a lot of who accomplish security intended for a living, integrated with the normal install of Backtrack5 is gerix wifi crackers, which successfully does a much superior work than did anyway from the time when spoonwep. spoonwep was printed in support of BT3. There are at rest lots of great tools installed here, try a few latest tricks, and if you like the elder tools nearly all of them at rest cannot be installed just walk off apt-get install them.