Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Can we use Iso Gnome or KDE Burnt on DVD or Using VM WARE for Backtrack

Operating Systems

Old 06-07-2011

Can we use Iso Gnome or KDE Burnt on DVD or Using VM WARE for Backtrack

I tried using two bits then two facing problem booting a DVD from Backtrack 2.3.4. Also checked the new Operating system and sum errors but nothing seems to work. I want your suggestions that can we use Iso Gnome or KDE Burnt on DVD or Using VM WARE for Backtrack? Which one of them is better?
Please help me correct the problem.

Old 06-07-2011

Re: Can we use Iso Gnome or KDE Burnt on DVD or Using VM WARE for Backtrack

I don?t think there is an issue using Iso Gnome or KDE Burnt on DVD or Using VM WARE for Backtrack. I am using one of those and its working fine with me and my system. I recommend you to use VM WARE for Backtrack because its one of the best and easiest way. Also the chances of being successful are more since it does not require many steps and they are easy too. About the rest I am not quite sure on that part since I haven?t used them.
Old 06-07-2011

I would like to tell you that I have used both KDE and GNOME but none of them work properly. Also they both are time consuming making it complicated for the user. I tried but haven?t got sd card using unetbooting to work. But you can get USB stick to work using Unetbooting.on XP instead. Also I have managed the same on other system having Ubuntu operating system and it worked fine. So I suggest you to do that.
Old 06-07-2011

I have another better option. You can try to make SDHC card using bootable USB stick. Keep in mind that rsync -avh wont copy files for you. Try creating SDHC card fdisk created 2 x 4GB partitions with partitions fat32 and ext3. It will work for BT4, avoid using BT5 because its not compatible. After that edit rsync -avh /media/cdrom/ /mnt/sdc1/. I think the BT4 files are in different locations. Copy the files which you need and leave the rest as it is.
Old 06-07-2011

To use VM WARE for Backtrack create a menu.Ist file in the same folder directory by typing the following:
  • title BackTrack 4
  • find --set-root /bt4-final.iso
  • map /bt4-final.iso (hd32)
  • map --hook
  • root (hd32)
  • chainloader (hd32)

But remember it does not work for BT5 it will only work for BT4. So you have to be careful or you get error resulting failed.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,