Thread: Unable to boot Backtrack 5 CD

Unable to boot Backtrack 5 CD

Hi, I have the following problem. I have a few months ago in an online shop bought Ubuntu 10:04 on usb stick. I use a subnotebook HP NC2400. usb stick in, boot from the stick, everything fine. Now I've ordered 4 backtrack on usb stick. usb stick in, boot off, and error messages page by page. squashfs error .......... 3 pages long. I think that's a problem with the disk and the bios settings but I'm not sure. Someone has a tip for this or a solution.

Re: Unable to boot Backtrack 5 CD

Normally, backtracking would just like Ubuntu problems boot from the stick. Have you got anything on the configuration changed by your BIOS? I am currently not backtrack to stick to the hand, but I I'll make a quick version nchher ready and see what still could be. So the configuration of bios I have changed nothing. Ubuntu boots up without problems. Because of the HDD but I once read something that is only a presumption. I am just to have the opinion that use the stick and the HDD, but as you said, have the HDD is not needed would be to stick on the plausible possibility.

I had tested with an EeePC 1000H. Works just fine.

If you do not have a stick, do the following:

1st Upload you Unetbootin from the net
    2nd BT4 charge you from the network (about 1.8 GB as ISO)
    3rd Format the drive as FAT32
    4th Start Unetbootin> select the ISO file from below and including the BT4 USB Stick
    5th After Unetbootin is finished you can use the stick.

Although my BIOS is set to first boot from USB, I had to stick
    manually choose to make it work.
    (Perhaps I've overlooked in the rush and what, but it does run in any case)

Mach's take a screenshot of the contents of the USB stick,
    I can compare it with mine.

Reinstalled R1 backtrack just a few weeks ago and everything was going great until seemingly for no reason, I got an "Error 22" message from grub one day. I was unable to boot into either backtrack, or Windows 7 I'm now at the point where I can boot into Backtrack from my hard disk, but not Windows 7 as it does not show up in the grub menu. I dug on getting confused by the different naming conventions used by and fdisk. Why does grub have no entry labeled partition 1 or 3? Why does fdisk-l have no entry as / dev/sda2 or / dev/sda4? I assume they are related, but assuming you want never goes back into track.

1st Use either GParted from a live CD / USB or backtrack
    2nd Right click on Windows partition, click manage flags
    3rd Set boot flag
    4th Download Windows repair iso (specific to your version of Windows) and create live CD / USB (USB NTFS formating needed for me) using UNetbootin (Used computer friends)
    5th You should see your Windows partition in the table of Windows operating systems repair, else you probably skipped step 1 / 2
    6th First try using the "Automatic Startup Repair '
    7th If this does not work, enter command line and use Bootrec.exe to try and solve the problem.

If we know the partitions you start counting at 0, is then so in my case the partition (hd0, 4) So now it boots. However, I get lots of error messages that the drive is just read only. Yes, always depends on the distro, or their boat philosophy. Some having / do and some do not. You can try suse disk for that. start Suse YaST -> System -> Boot Loader A click on "Add" we now have the choice of the type of the new section, where we choose "chain loader section", select the partition with BT and make check "Activate this when selected for boot partition”. If none of these solutions is feasible or not working, there is still a solution. This solution is called SuperGrubDisk .