Thread: No more IRP stack locations on XP Pro SP3

No more IRP stack locations on XP Pro SP3

Following the purchase of a new wireless modem router to be configured conveniently via a wired Ethernet, I was led to buy such a network card, since it is installed, I get a blue screen, with the message title, with a Stop Ox00000035, and a variable address, at which time I restart in Safe Mode, to disable the card, then in normal mode, and I reactive the card, Windows once started : there is no problem, the problem does so at startup, not after Windows is already running, I obviously already known all attempts but nothing there is, even with the decimal value of IRPStackSize to its maximum, 50. My configuration: Windows XP Pro SP3, Sunbelt Personal firewall, and antivirus / spyware Spyware Doctor from PCTools, yes, disabling the firewall, it works, but it is not a solution! My motherboard is an Asus P4P800, and USB perspective, I have a network key, a dongle, a webcam and a scanner connected, always.

Re: No more IRP stack locations on XP Pro SP3

Well the answer to your question is no: if at the time of a normal boot of Windows, the card is activated, the blue screen is there, only solution, but heavy: restart in safe mode, disable card, restart Windows in normal, re-map, ie nothing happens when the card is enabled after starting Windows, but it provided the blue screen if activated prior. I completely uninstalled my wireless card, giving full access to the level of my firewall. This is particularly unfortunate that the Internet connection seems faster and more stable with this card in wireless, and I think more and more to do to keep the wireless for both ordis found in other parts of the house.

There's really nobody has an idea? It is true they drag this bug since version and versions, but still! Why not completely fix the bugs in a version, rather than release a new addition naze (Vista, of course, how horrible XP Pro is the best since 98 SP2, in its time but the best or not. Have you even thought this may be a faulty network adapter? Otherwise, you say you have a P4P800. You know there is already a gigabit ethernet controller on it: a 3COM (or Marvell) more precisely. Why buying a redundant network card? The chipset integrated network no longer works.

Yes, this is a bug, there is a complete history of people who had this problem on the Internet, at least since XP SP2, but I think even remember, since NT 4! This bug should be fixed with Service Pack 3, but alas, this is nothing to SP2, there is even a patch to download and install on the technical papers from Microsoft! It is therefore a known problem but still undecided. If I bought a network card independent, it is precisely because, following the same reasoning as you, I thought the original map could be defective, having already, in the past had problems with SATA ports this motherboard.

If you do a Google search on "NO_MORE_IRP_STACK_LOCATIONS" which is the main message entered by the blue screen, you will get the full range of cases that have already occurred; my case for me, since I took the test, appears to be related to the use of too much control files (antivirus and the like), limited to three default is playing on the parameters and that normally should be able to increase tolerance to eight files, if I good memory, the problem is, it works sometimes but not always, including at home. This problem is known, not for NT4 as I mistakenly yesterday, but since Windows Server 2003, some have had by simply connecting a USB stick, others playback on a server, etc.

There is confusion on your part: there are two parameters involved, one is effectively limited to 10, the other 50. For Spyware Doctor, the updates are automatic, so I always have the latest version, now it's true that riding a bike, we will not cast a rod, or make a front on the highway! In other words, this is not to restrain the user's system, also good, whenever there is a problem that professionals do not want to solve! This problem is known for 7 years! It's made me suddenly think of the job, here! There are plenty like that, paid to remake the world with fabulous things as useless, when asked simply to turn our bikes properly.