Thread: Is Linux better than OS X for Steam?

Is Linux better than OS X for Steam?

I just started this thread to ask something from you all. well the question that I would like to ask it from you all is that have anyone using linux have started to run steam in it? so if you have run steam in it then tell me how was the performance of steam in Linux? None of my friends have the linux in their system and hence I am asking you all about it. so please do guide me through this and I am waiting for the suggestions from you all. so do reply accordingly on the same.

Re: Is Linux better than OS X for Steam?

The answer is no, you will have to use Wine if you want to get started with the Steam. So that is what I am saying here. So do look out for the same and I am sure that you will be getting perfect answer out for it. so do try running steam in the wine and come back to me as if how was the experience for you. do reply appropriately as your opinions does counts a lot to us.

I am one of the user who has tried using wine for steam and belive me the performance si the worst of them all. that is what I am saying here. So my advise for you all is to better not go with the Steam if you are using linux with the wine. Believe me Steam does not even get to launch games in it. that’s what the big problem is, if some of the games that gets launched in it. do gets crashed after sometime. That’s the biggest problem while we are playing the games using wine. So better not use wine while you are using steam. So that’s my advise for you, do look at it.

If you ask me then let me tell you that I have tried using ubuntu for steam and it is not so proper at all. with the badly constructed user interface in ubuntu steam does looks weak in ubuntu. So better stick with the OS X or the windows operating system, that will be a better option for you. do look out for the same. so the basic thing is that better not go with the Linux if you are planning to run the game in it. That is what I am advising you on the same.

See if we continue with this thread then let me tell you that the debate between the linux and the windows will continue to pop up. Some do like Linux and some do like windows. See the basic thing is that Linux have not yet developed the compatibility of using the steam in their system. those who have used wine and are complaining that the steam is not running well, then I would advise them to better update it. that will be a better option at this point of stage. So do look out for the same. I have personally tried out Steam in wine and it runs perfectly well. The same advise goes for you all who haven’t tried using wine, better go with that and it will be perfect for you.

Thanks a lot for all the support and the advise that has been given here. I did get a lot of information on the issues and so what I would like to conclude is that I wll definitely like to go with the wine for my linux system as well and see how well It performs there. So I will surely watch out for the same and inform you accordingly. So thanks a lot for all the opinions that you have shared here and appreciate your efforts for the same here.