Thread: Configuring multiple sata drivers on windows XP system

Configuring multiple sata drivers on windows XP system

I realized that Windows XP and SATA are not very buddies (that's why Dell did not provide neither the facilities nor the cd drivers, I guess and it is complicated for 99% of people Is it necessary that I repeat to install xp or with this motherboard, is it possible to simply install it (by changing the cables) hard drive ide? I am very discouraged and really don’t know what I can do here to get rid of the problem. So please help me out here and let me know what to do.

re: Configuring multiple sata drivers on windows XP system

You misunderstand XP works fine with SATA, however the installer which dates back to 2001 provides no sata driver "common" so it does not recognize the controller and can therefore be installed on the disk. If Dell does not provide the driver that they do not provide support for Windows XP. This is not a problem of complication. There was a virus, but was transferred correctly and now it is "simply" reinstall xp

If Dell does not provide the support I guess it's an equipment supplied with a vista or windows 7 so why try to downgrade unnecessarily? the answer is not much of it is stupid to continue to try to exploit a system too old to have a medium worthy of the name. then you have to open the machine to see if there is always a ide port on the machine. Dell making motherboards at the lowest possible price if they do not need ide port (for a CD player and drive sata sata) ca may be compromised. There's however it may be possible through the bios on the motherboard of the emulated IDE. It is an option in the bios (not all so it's not impossible that the option was not implemented) but they have not always the same name is not easy to guide.

I did a little research about it and it seems that it is an Intel motherboard. Otherwise I put my idea, but recently I had the same problem with Sata driver Compaq laptop, I had created with Nlite a copy of Windows XP with SATA drivers integrated which allowed me to complete the Installation complete. If you found the Sata drivers on the Internet, it might work in my opinion and also will allow you to get rid of the problem.

In the words we had do a little research to find the right drivers. Little research because you do not give us the good news! Genre model of your PC. Your PC would it not a DELL XPS 400 or Inspiron Series I do not know what or something like that, Going on the DELL website found the right driver it just unzip and put a floppy disk. Nothing complicated what. The drivers in question is simply that of Intel Maxtrix Storage that you found on the DELL website and referenced in the sweet name of R130118.EXE.