Thread: Steam is freezing on Windows 7

Steam is freezing on Windows 7

As the title of the thread suggesting itself what issue I am getting over here in this particular thread. I am having Windows 7 based computer. I have installed Steam on the computer of mine and I have found that the Steam seems to be freezing. I have tried lots of tricks and tweaks but it did not seems to be working at all for me. Any help on this particular matter would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Steam is freezing on Windows 7

There could be various reasons which might be the root cause of the problem which you are getting. You have to answer following questions which would be useful to fix the matter of yours. Can you tell me about the hardware as well as software configuration of the computer? Do you have done any changes on the computer? Let me know which antivirus and Firewall do you have installed on the computer. Answer the above mentioned questions as early as possible.

Apart from the above mentioned questions this particular issue might be associated with several factors. Well those factors are poor programming, server issue or the bandwidth of the internet connections which you are using. So you have to look on all the above mentioned factors to figure out the exact root cause of the problem. Let me know whether you have managed to figure out the root cause so accordingly I can let you know about the possible solution to fix.

First of all I would recommend that you should simply boot your computer into safe mode and see whether you are getting the issue resolved. If there is no changes in the situation than I recommend that you should perform system restore on the computer of yours. I let you know that you to select the restore point which was prior to the problem which you are getting. Once you have done the same you should restart the computer of yours.

Well I was having the same problem which you have mentioned over here. I have done lots of research work to figure out the root cause of the problem and finally got the root cause of the problem. The Freezing of the client is happening when the Steam gets downloaded and the Steam client would be freeze till the process of the download is gets over. After finishing with the downloading you will not have the freezing issue on the system of yours.

I am having a particular solution to fix the freezing issue regarding the Steam which you have installed on the computer. Well I recommend that you have to search for the ClientRegistry.blob file into directory where you have installed the Steam on the computer of yours. once you have found the same you have to delete it. now restart the steam on the computer of yours and see whether the issue is gets resolved.

Let me know any of the above mentioned solution worked for you or not. If there is no change in the situation then you have to disable the antivirus and Firewall which you have installed on the computer. Also you might reinstall the steam client on the computer to resolve the matter. If still the issue is persisting then you should contact the technical support team to get the further assistance.